MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, 40K in 18 months few weeks ago, and still big smile on my face each time i go for a ride, but... yes there is "but"... most of you know that i have problems with indicators and i already changed few "hundreds" of those due the vibrations on a rear bumper-mudguard and i don't give a s**t anymore i will buy proper indicators as soon my guarantee ends, now the real "but": clutch switch has failed 3 months ago and i still waiting for it :| also rear hub starting slowly touching sprocket, i replaced rubber cushions and it was good for less than a 2000km and sprocket was "loose" again, guarantee will cover all BUT when... :frown2:
Disregarding all of this problems i can say that this bike are maximum joy on road, nothing to compare with!
Mode: SPORT
Tires: Pirelli Rosso CORSA 2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Check hub bairings, they should be inspected and replaced at 36.000km so I think its time for that.
It isnt a hard job to do if you follow the manual or the video on youtube where they also change bairings in the hub, you just need the propper tools and stand for it.

isnt there a tail tidy to fit underneath the seat, and not restricting to apply the sidebags to fix the blinker issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tvl

Dam, I have 10k miles or 16,000KM. Clutch switch and Gyro sensor are all I have had replaced, the bike has been worry free otherwise! It's out of warranty now, I've changed oil every 3k miles(cheap insurance). Maybe I have a good one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check hub bairings, they should be inspected and replaced at 36.000km so I think its time for that.
It isnt a hard job to do if you follow the manual or the video on youtube where they also change bairings in the hub, you just need the propper tools and stand for it.
will do... Thank you:smile2:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
i don't think that will look good, any photos ?
I was asking if there was an option for the TVL.
After googling myself for a bit, I coudnt find anything that mounts underneath the brake light. Seems like TVL has only 1 option and that is behind the rear wheel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've changed oil every 3k miles(cheap insurance).
That is smart thing to do especially when this 800ccm 3 cyl engine "holds" only 2.25l of oil and runs more than 10000rpm, but remember we are not smarter than MV's engineer who want us to change oil every 15000km

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was asking if there was an option for the TVL.
After googling myself for a bit, I coudnt find anything that mounts underneath the brake light. Seems like TVL has only 1 option and that is behind the rear wheel.
That only one option is not bad but needs to be more "vibration free" or find other place for blinkers....:|

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yeah something like that.
Sure as hell isnt the prettiest thing on earth but if it prevents the blinker failure why not right.
And when touring you got the bags attached, so maybe it doesnt catch the eye as much :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,

Some months ago a German motorbike magazine completed a 50.000 Km test for a Turismo Veloce
At the end of the exercise they disassembled the bike / engine, checked wear and tear and defects and listed their findings
Anyone interested in the results?

Regards,

Evert

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Of course we are....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,

Well, not quite
What I have is a reprint fom their magazine (Motorrad)
The video provides only part of the info that is contained in this reprint
Some more pictures of the condition of parts are shown and some other info given
You can buy the reprint as a PDF Download for 2 Euro via Motorrad E-kiosk
I appreciate that not everybody has sufficient command of German language
Please let me know if I can be of help here, translating the info

Evert

·
Registered
76 Posts
lussoscs: Your English is clearly better than my high school German from half a century ago, so yes, anything you'd care to share would be appreciated.

BTW, do you have a Lusso SCS? If so, how is it to live with? Do you always set the parking brake? I always left my bikes in gear when parked in case someone bumped into the back; it wouldn't roll forward, retracting the side-stand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello (Wonko),

Allow me some time to prepare the info for an upload
BTW, are there any rules I have to obey for uploading material?
Is a PDF file OK?
Regarding the Lusso SCS, the bike has been ordered
My dealer expects its delivery March / April 2019
Hopefully we have some more information from MV January 2019
And about the parking brake, without applying the brake, the bike will happily
follow Newton's law, that is, rolling down the hill

Regards,
Evert

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
PDF fie is OK.... Go Advanced > Manage Attachments