MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed 3M Ventureshield paint protection film on their F3?
In conversation with 3M UK, they are still looking for a F3 to create a template.

All you folks in UK, if anyone is interested, please get in touch with 3M UK on their facebook page and they should be able to set you up with free installation of the film. 3M UK is the only subsidiary of 3M that makes motorcycle templates for 3M worldwide.

It will really help those who are not in UK to be able to get the official template from 3M for the film. I have had it on all my bikes in the past and they are virtually invisible and protect the paint from rocks, chips and other minor scratches. Even after few years down the line if you remove the film, the paint beneath is scratch/swirl free and shiny as new. Definitely a must have for a beautiful bike like the F3.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anyone installed 3M Ventureshield paint protection film on their F3?
In conversation with 3M UK, they are still looking for a F3 to create a template.

All you folks in UK, if anyone is interested, please get in touch with 3M UK on their facebook page and they should be able to set you up with free installation of the film. 3M UK is the only subsidiary of 3M that makes motorcycle templates for 3M worldwide.

It will really help those who are not in UK to be able to get the official template from 3M for the film. I have had it on all my bikes in the past and they are virtually invisible and protect the paint from rocks, chips and other minor scratches. Even after few years down the line if you remove the film, the paint beneath is scratch/swirl free and shiny as new. Definitely a must have for a beautiful bike like the F3.
This is going to sound bad, but I bought this stuff for several of my bikes, including my F4. It's not cheap and it's work to get it on so it looks right. One member on one of the forums put right I think, "you buy a bike to ride and enjoy...in the process of enjoying it, it's going to get a scratch or two". After reading that, I never bothered to put the stuff on my bikes. I'm to busy riding.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is going to sound bad, but I bought this stuff for several of my bikes, including my F4. It's not cheap and it's work to get it on so it looks right. One member on one of the forums put right I think, "you buy a bike to ride and enjoy...in the process of enjoying it, it's going to get a scratch or two". After reading that, I never bothered to put the stuff on my bikes. I'm to busy riding.
I always get it installed by a professional, it is not easy to put it on perfectly. Takes tons of practice and patience. I would say it is an art to put it perfectly and once the job is done well, you can't even see its there. :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I disagree. i've tried the 3M material on bikes in a couple of different thicknesses and found issues with it:
1. It's way expensive
2. It doesn't apply well on a multi-curved surface such as found in many places on bikes.
3. After a while the film edges show dirt, obviously moreso on light colors than dark.
My solution is Armor Coat, a two-part, clearcoat finish applied with a spray gun. It's also expensive, but it lasts as shows no edge lines. I've had it on my Ducati for 5 years now and it is holding up well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I disagree. i've tried the 3M material on bikes in a couple of different thicknesses and found issues with it:
1. It's way expensive
2. It doesn't apply well on a multi-curved surface such as found in many places on bikes.
3. After a while the film edges show dirt, obviously moreso on light colors than dark.
My solution is Armor Coat, a two-part, clearcoat finish applied with a spray gun. It's also expensive, but it lasts as shows no edge lines. I've had it on my Ducati for 5 years now and it is holding up well.
Never had any issues with the Ventureshield film. That is why 3M probably bought Ventureshield and stopped making their original 3M film. I have used the Ventureshield on my cars and bikes, lighter colors as well as black, no issues at all. Doesn't peel, doesn't turn yellow and doesn't show dirt. Will look up Amror coat too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Each person has thier own tastes. I talked to a professional in Bellevue, WA who will make the F3 template and install for $150 US. i plan on havin parts of the front fairing, light and the sides of the tank done. i have it on my Monster S2R and i love the protection it gives. IMHO well worth the $50 and 2 hours to install.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, 3M UK confirmed me 2 weeks back that they were in the process of creating the template, but my local installer confirmed that the template is not out yet.
I have now already installed the film after spending hours creating a hand cut template. Couldn't wait longer as I already had 2 small chips on the side fairings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts