MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
360 more miles today
a mixture of roads.... TOO MANY ON THE INTERSTATE.... no choice in that matter... varied my speed as much as i could
didn't do a good job with "heat cycling" the motor today
440 miles on the bike total... looks like i'll be having that 600 mile checkup quick soon :)

a few things:

- about 29 mpg.... crap, as far as i am concerned
not sure why it is SO horrible.... the BMW K1200S and R... both get 44mpg even when being "stomped" on
they have 25 more hp and weigh about 150 pounds more
so....
why the poor mileage on the brutale?

- the sound just keeps getting better and better

- the power is intoxicating and seemingly endless, even below 8K rpm

- the seat sucks... harder to STAND ON THE PEGS at highway speed than on my R1200GS... i'll find a solution

then came the rain
horrible lighting.... lights out everywhere
i should have stopped, but did NOT
i had my summer air/textile gear on... no rain gear with me... no where to store in
my GORTEX boots.... which are waterproof had 6 inches of rain INSIDE them when i got home from the RUNOFF down my legs
no fun

i'm at home
the power is out

the bike was great in the rain
went through puddles up to 1 FOOT DEEP...
and it did fine
even with NO anti-lock brakes (of which i've become accustom on my BMWs)... all was well
could modulate the throttle well enough to never slip the rear tire

drying out now
i love the bike even more than yesterday

i got a few looks today
the best was from a kid in a car next to me
70 mph on the highway...
pouring rain
he kept smiling at me..... like i was some kind of EXPLORER... i could see him talking to his dad about me
then his dad looked over (they were in the SUV alone together), smiled and gave me the THUMBS UP

:yo: :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
187 Posts
You better go ahead and clean her up, you promised pictures for today :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds like a really nice addiction you've got going there Greg!! :smoking:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
spalding12 said:
the service guy (who is alway ON THE BALL) thought i was nuts...
he showed me the oil.... it was SPOTLESS
but.... i'm STILL glad i did it
did you break in hte bike hard or per factory's instruction?

when I had my oil changed, there was visible amount of metal flakes in the oil and the drain magnet had grown a light fuzz of metal flakes...

FYI I broke her in the firm way, all through the rev ranges.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i did break her in hard...
not up to redline
but i certainly gave some full pulls through the rev range and allowed the bike to have signifant engine breaking on deceleration to stress the motor

i'm more worried about yesterday
360 miles... a lot on the interstate.... constantly varying my speeds (which drove everyone else nuts, i'm sure)
but....
i was riding with friends and this is just what happened

i fully understand the value of HEAT CYCLING a motor... which i did NOT do yesterday.... unless you count the motor being 208 stopped at a light.....
and 147 on the highway in the DRIVING RAIN

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I've been thinking of you the entire time I was riding in Maine. Glad you're so up on the bike and wasn't let down - knowing how pumped you were, that says a lot for the 910R. (was a tad bit nervous you might be dissapointed with those HIGH expectations) Couldn't be happier for you Greg, and will give you a call soon to get a more first hand accounting. Congrats again. BTW, think I might get my scooter this week, so we'll need to work on that meet & greet ride. Perhaps some other Florida members would like to join us. Talk soon.

Stuart

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
addysdaddy said:
Well, I've been thinking of you the entire time I was riding in Maine. Glad you're so up on the bike and wasn't let down - knowing how pumped you were, that says a lot for the 910R. (was a tad bit nervous you might be dissapointed with those HIGH expectations) Couldn't be happier for you Greg, and will give you a call soon to get a more first hand accounting. Congrats again. BTW, think I might get my scooter this week, so we'll need to work on that meet & greet ride. Perhaps some other Florida members would like to join us. Talk soon.

Stuart
hey stuart
i'm glad you had fun while away
yeah.... the bike has been all that had dreamt and more
gotta work on the seat somehow and the grips are a bit small... causing more hand pain than i like
all that being said: WOW
simple as that
i'll give you a call a bit later... paperwork now

i hope that you will get you bike soon... can't wait to meet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts