MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one here (Portugal) for sale from 78, how much do you experts think its worth ???

Can anyone see if its original ? Or it has parts that don´t belong there ?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
A friend of mine, Gerwin here on the forum too, bought one like this a while ago. I am not so aware of the prices, but this one looks very neat.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bonjour ruilosa

She looks like something nice

Except the mufflers and the turn signals. But perhaps that the turn signals are required in your country ...

Here in France, these Ipotesi are negotiated between 5 000 and 8 000 euros (8 000 max)

Salutations

Xavier

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bonne nuit Xavier, merci !!

Thank you.

First thing that caught my eyes was the mufflers, and the back end. Turning signals are required, yes.

Was it not made with them ?

Obrigado, merci.

Rui.

P.s not collectible ? Better deal with the watch ?!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hi Rui,

What Xavier said is correct.

Interesting bike, it seems to have the rear brake pedal on the right side? These bikes a right foot reverse shift, so if it is as it seems to be in that photo then someone has done a conversion on it as well. I've never seen one in my time.

It seems to have the orginal Scarab brakes on it but I can't see the left bike.

Collectable? I sure hope so as I have 3 of them - lol But seriously, if we knew the answer to that we'd all be millionaires.

I think with these type of bikes, you buy them because you like/want them - then you enjoy, IF you make some money along the way that's a bonus and that way you never lose :)

Hope this helps but if you have specific questions feel free to ask as I am only too happy to help you my friend.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
You can find what I think is either the prototype or the early version of the Ipotesi at:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105025

Your bike also has drilled discs which are probably after market. Indicators were required in the US in 1975 along with right side braking so many manufacturers modified/designed their bikes to suit the US market. For indicators, especially in 1975, it was often the importers or local dealers who retro fitted them to meet local requirements which is why there may be different styles for different countries.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
You can find what I think is either the prototype or the early version of the Ipotesi at:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105025

Your bike also has drilled discs which are probably after market. Indicators were required in the US in 1975 along with right side braking so many manufacturers modified/designed their bikes to suit the US market. For indicators, especially in 1975, it was often the importers or local dealers who retro fitted them to meet local requirements which is why there may be different styles for different countries.

Yes that's definitely a prototype in the pics - note the chrome top rail? It is also completely straight (flat) the production model tilts up a few degrees in the final 20 -25 centimetres.

Also, the tail slopes down differently to all the production models (which are almost flat). Then there's a screw type set up on the head tube which never made it to the production models.

The brake callipers are a different style to the final product but the reservoirs look like the final product. The rubber boots that hold in the speedo and tacho are also not in evidence.

I would LOVE to have that particular bike, but that's me..lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes that's definitely a prototype in the pics - note the chrome top rail? It is also completely straight (flat) the production model tilts up a few degrees in the final 20 -25 centimetres.

Also, the tail slopes down differently to all the production models (which are almost flat). Then there's a screw type set up on the head tube which never made it to the production models.

The brake callipers are a different style to the final product but the reservoirs look like the final product. The rubber boots that hold in the speedo and tacho are also not in evidence.

I would LOVE to have that particular bike, but that's me..lol
Rob, how are you my friend ?

I would love to have/Buy this bike, but the asking price is too high for what i´ve searched and was adviced.....

I must buy with my head and not with my heart ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bonjour ...

Here are two pictures of Ipotesi as it is in original

035%20350%20Ipotesi%20Sport%20F.jpg

035%20350%20Ipotesi%20Sport%20R.jpg

The rear seat is ok, but the saddle is straight line and not hollowed

Bien vu the controls reversed and the disc brake. I had not paid attention :)

Here, in general, guys put their Ipotesi on sale with extravagant prices

Moreover, they are not always in very good condition. And therefore, they are not sold :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bonjour Xavier.

Thank you for your input. Yes the reversed controls is from a kit available for these bikes, but originals in stock.
Silencer or mufflers (exhausts) are after market, but originals in stock, but rotten.

Has no PT title, still IT and yes, price is a bit to high......i´m getting cold..... :\

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Buying a Bike with Your Head

Rob, how are you my friend ?

I would love to have/Buy this bike, but the asking price is too high for what i´ve searched and was adviced.....

I must buy with my head and not with my heart ;)
Hello Rui, doing great my friend, very busy and really don't get here much these days or if I do it is a quick look and gone. I hope you are doing great also :)

Buy bikes with our head? There is no such thing if we did that none of us would own a bike... :laughing:

In Europe you are lucky there is much choice, I have no doubt (if you want an Ipotesi) you'll find a better one for less money. :)

Good luck, take care & be well my friend.

Rob

Ps. If you need any help with anything in the classic field, please feel free to PM me as I'll be only too happy to help :)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
He is really going the extra mile for it :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have lookt a the ad but i dont like the bike its Original recht chifting and left braking olso the muflers a not Original and the disk braks Original dont got hols youre raire brake cilinder is way yonger than 1978
So fore me i wood look fore a Nice Original wane i dont like thise wone
But thats just me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts