·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks familiar :stickpoke :bash: :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Dova80 said:
I guess the single and triple are just stories?
Everything goes in that direction :popcorn:

I'd rather see new triple and single than ''new'' Brutale and strange 1078 displacement.

Times for MV won't be very pretty if they don't come out with something really new!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MihaSLO said:
I'd rather see new triple and single than ''new'' Brutale and strange 1078 displacement.
Yeah, i think almost all of us did. :)
These "new" cc increases are just :jerkoff:

·
Registered
571 Posts
It is obviously they cannot bring a really new bike on the market. They thing: offering every year, a newer version of the same bike, we will survive.
It remains to be seen!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Wasn't the new design suppose to come out in 2009 or 2010 (ten year run)? Also, there was an interview posted somewhere on this forum that Tamburini already finished the new design.

So, I see the 1078RR as the final edition (well an unoffical final edition as we'll probably see the final edition next year). I suppose this means the next generation will also have 1078cc and a slipper clutch.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I am honestly of the opinon that I bought one of the last great bikes from the MV marque. This cc increase and some snazzier bits is a disappointment.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
suprize, suprize..... right in ya eyes!!!
:cross: :piss:
I like the idea of the larger displacement Brutale, but the F4 needs a revamp, not more cc's. :smoking:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I am not to impressed with MV adding CC's to the bike. Whats the point?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, it´s really hard to replace the "perfect bike". The F4 is a realy beautiful bike and will continue being so. Also it is an motorcycle icon, so the decision of substitution is quite complicated. I´d rather Mv increase the production model range with a triple or single, but keeping the current F4.

Every manufacturers replace the models each 2 years, and MV must be different on this as well.

I will keep my F4 as "collection bike" because the future model of replacement will not be an icon like the F4. Would be just the "replacement".

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
MADRIDF4R said:
Well, it´s really hard to replace the "perfect bike". The F4 is a realy beautiful bike and will continue being so. Also it is an motorcycle icon, so the decision of substitution is quite complicated. I´d rather Mv increase the production model range with a triple or single, but keeping the current F4.

Every manufacturers replace the models each 2 years, and MV must be different on this as well.

I will keep my F4 as "collection bike" because the future model of replacement will not be an icon like the F4. Would be just the "replacement".

It's not the perfect bike...its way too heavy.
I'd likw to see MV reduce kg, rather than add cc...........what would impress me a lot more...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Putting the F4 on a diet is a great idea, but somehow I don't think it has the same sales draw as a big HP motor. And it's probably a LOT more expensive from a manufacturing standpoint.

The displacement jump probably gives all the power gains. And what does that cost? A different piston? Hell, they already make it. It's from the CC bike.

This just blows me away. I had a punny F4S 1k and I was scared out of my mind to gas it out of low speed turns. On the RR, you'll be able to highside at 100mph in third gear. Wonderful.

They should require a trackday or two before you can get this thing.

Alex

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Personnally I think MV have came far in last 4 years, wasnt that long ago I was wondering if they were going down the tubes or whether they would introduce the EV03, luckily it was the later and I got the EV03

now within 4 years there are less rumours of them closing and more bikes being produced, good on them

I buy MV because its the bike for me, I like the bike like no other, and i love the ride

if someone aint happy then deal with it, move on or put up, life is too short for whinging and it seems this site is becoming one big whinge forum

so many good guys dont come in here anymore because of ongoing whinging, good guys that know the bikes inside out and were always on hand when technical issues came up

long may MV have another 4 good years ahead of them

·
Registered
49 Posts
suryad said:
I am honestly of the opinon that I bought one of the last great bikes from the MV marque. This cc increase and some snazzier bits is a disappointment.

It would have even more of a dissappointment if it was only a new paintscheme.Imo a reasonable capacity hike is a fair difference from last years model in its self, not to mention the other mods.The wait for a new design and new models is frustrating so I suppose we should be glad that there are some mods to the existing bike in the meantime.As someone else recently remarked it was only a few years back that there was plenty of talk of the factory closing.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
... and honestly the factory as dealers indicated that there will be no new F4, no 675, no Supermono (hey this was a Bimota Model) before EICMA 2009 or even later. I don't understand the huge disapointment Budy's. The Hype and Speculations grew only here at the Forum. So compared to that what Peter Cathcart and other Insider forecasted, everyone should be deligthed, because instead of nothing new for 2008, we get a flood of new models. Instead of being realistic is the wast mayority starting to bash MV Agusta. How childish is that !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts