MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I use the 312R on track so it has a hard life. but i have started to have gear selection issues (false nuetrals using QS and short shift).
I cant change gear using the gear lever by hand very easily even by rocking rear wheel back and forth

I have the gearbox out and it looks fine apart from one selctor fork - see below - is this wear excesive ??

Also i can see on the side of one gear wear where it engages with others - see mark in red - it dosnt look to bad ..

Opinions guys please..

If i need a selctor fork - 8000A2537 single fork - where's the best place to get one - in the UK ..

JDS do you have a spare ;-)

UPDATE:- found a new part in italy..

Next i will check the gear selector mechanism/drum as that extremely stiff to turn/move by hand - should the drum turn easily by hand ??

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Yes it's excessive, did you even have to ask man.:stickpoke:)
If that fork is worn past the shoe, what's the others look like. Check the grooves in the drum as pointed out in the manual.

MV's not shipping parts at the moment, so you have to check with dealers that carry stock.
It's also worth checking eBay, I got a new set of forks from there.
What q/s are you using ?
Lot's of pics in my photo album. http://gallery.mvagusta.net/donsy/gearboxandengine/

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's excessive, did you even have to ask man.:stickpoke:)
If that fork is worn past the shoe, what's the others look like. Check the grooves in the drum as pointed out in the manual.

MV's not shipping parts at the moment, so you have to check with dealers that carry stock.
It's also worth checking eBay, I got a new set of forks from there.
What q/s are you using ?
Lot's of pics in my photo album. http://gallery.mvagusta.net/donsy/gearboxandengine/
The other forks look good - see pics - but this is the smaller fork like in your pics on the left - there is no real shoe as such on this one .
Drum looks fine - but will check with feelers..

QS is a Dynojet wired into Microtech ECU setup by Chris.

I managed to get one from italy - a bit cheeky - £36 part + £37 shipping from Italy to the UK ...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Cool Spud, not looking too bad mate, have a good look for damaged gear mesh and the spacer between gears.
Drop that Q/S for something with a decent strain gauge, Chris can help with that I'm sure.
What oil are you running and what sort of mileage are you on mate, just curious as usual ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool Spud, not looking too bad mate, have a good look for damaged gear mesh and the spacer between gears.
Drop that Q/S for something with a decent strain gauge, Chris can help with that I'm sure.
What oil are you running and what sort of mileage are you on mate, just curious as usual ?
Yep i can see small wear on one of the gear/dogs see pic ringed in red

Oil has always from new been the same agip/ENI 10W-60

Bike has around 6k miles on it - 5 of those on track..

What QS would you suggest ??

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts