MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking at getting an MV Agusta. However, he can't make his mind up between the 312 or the F4 S 1000. Unfortunately, I can't give him an indepth answer because I don't own a 312. So, any former F4 S 1000 owners who now own a 312, could you please oblige. Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
312R all the way, better brakes, better fuelling, better (lighter) handling due to the lighter wheels :f4:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I would say alot of it depends on money, how much is he/she wanting to spend? having a 1000R I am between the roads he is picking but I would venture to guess he couldnt really go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
MV-999R said:
312R all the way, better brakes, better fuelling, better (lighter) handling due to the lighter wheels :f4:
All of these can be had in the 1000R for less $$

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
fazer6 said:
All of these can be had in the 1000R for less $$
Good point but not entirely true...you have to dick with the R to get rid of that 5K surge...can't remember but I think it requires the RG3's and ECU but you can probably tune it out with a PC.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think it depends on how much you want to spend. I would assume all 1000S' s will be used. While 312R's would be new.
So there should be a sizeble price difference. A used 1000S that has been sorted, such as with open pipes, no cat and PC111 for example is still a formidable beast. If he doesen't need the lighter wheels, the better brakes and the extra HP, a good used 1000S is still a great machine.I have the "standard" silver/red with start wheels, and today at a coffee stop some guys came up and said they prefer it to the new 312 and R schemes, so it dates well. This could also be a preference.
I have one, a mate has a 312R, and others 1098S's mine is sorted and can't see any point in spending changeover money.
Cheers

·
Registered
576 Posts
Owned a 1000S for three years. Traded it for a 312R this past summer. Didn't really have any issues with the 1000S. Just ready for a slight change of internals and components, a different color too.

The refined 312R fueling is noticeable, as are the brakes and lighter wheels, but not enormously so. The 1000S is still more bike that 99% astride it. Very pleased with the 312R but would nudge your friend to the 1000S... unless price is no issue and he's very smitten with a 312R color option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts