MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, The Performance Bike Mag Is Out With The 312 Test And Ducati 1098, Has Anyone Else Seen The Article ? Does Everyone Get The Bike Mag Across The Water And So Forth ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
write-up

hi, it goes on to say , or the inportant bit is that it laps the nurgburg ring faster than anything else theyve tested, incl. the k7 gsxr by miles!! its fastest thru the bends by up to 10mph, fastest around the track, and fastest cornering speed, and fastest overall .!!! but, theres always one, the barron that usuallys tests them and has the biggest knowledge around there, didnt want it, says its uncomfotable as ...., but what goes in the favor, is that he was nursing a sore shoulder, also they was saying you just gotta chuck it into corners and believe in it, and basically the only limit you have is your bottle in the corners as apparently it didnt deck anything on the track, even tho all other bikes theyve tested round there have !! they also slate the fueling low down, but ,when reved to where it should be its a delight. probably worth going down the shops get it to show which bike is fastest everywhere, goodness knows what time the barron would have done with his knowledge of the track, but it blu everthing else away .

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
macmivvi said:
You can come down and read mine while I test your 312 round the Northfife and see if I agree with them.
And sleep with his wife at the same time, eh mate?:stickpoke

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
macmivvi said:
You can come down and read mine while I test your 312 round the Northfife and see if I agree with them.
sounds a great deal, lol
but unfortunately im off to glasgow tomorrow to renew passport so i can get offshore, what a bargain too, you get it done same day for ONLY £114

talk about value for money!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
WOW a UK mag with a decent right up of an MV what a shock. It must be that good, as I know they love Gixxers and Dukes.

Interesting I had a few mates here with their new 312 and 1098S have a bit of a swap on the weekend. The Duke guys were shocked at the power!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they should be shocked, all that power to waste thru the back wheel, when you look at the finish of both bikes, which comes out on top ???? ummmmm, not difficult, altho the duke is a great sports bike, the look of it persauded me to get the mv, the power, comfort, fuel consumption , etc came last on my list as its the exclusivity as you go down the road , are second to none, after this year , i cannot say ive seen an mv on the road , i didnt get mine until oct , then still didnt see any mvs , so where are you all , any around the lincolnshire uk region ? well the fastest bike around the performance bikes tt track is an mv and its going to take something speical to top that table , and push it off .

·
Registered
49 Posts
the test made good reading. You could tell they preferred the duke though , it even states that on the front cover not too biased then, but they couldn't dispute the data logger.Even faster than an R1 ,K7 etc. and the outright Nurburgring record apparently.The following article was a test ride on X81's race bike.well worth reading.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well stikkybun im over in huddersfield if you wanna meet up at squires next spring im up for it and that goes to any other brit mv dudes!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
meet up

hi, yeh i think everyone here is up for a meet, but im not coming out on it til next year year now , so we shall all have to get together and have a good laugh !! pull the croads away form the jap brigade.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm up for a meet at some stage, perhaps something can be organised, a summer event? Does everybody live up North! (thats north of Glouscester :laughing: )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys

Just joined you -another to keep to british flag flying high.

A few months back I test rode the 1098s with full termi system back to back with a 312, guess which one I took. No, I went for an FR4R and saved myself a few quid!

Have to say my bike (and the one I test rode) shows none of the slow speed jerky tendancies desribed by the pb boys and the 'baron' whom ever he may be. Well maybe the slight 5k hunting thing, but certainly nothing like described.

I thought the 1098 more sanitised, still lovely and easy to ride but somehow missing that duke thing, the MV blew me away - it was an easy choice. Had I not ridden back to back I'd been full of 1098 praise I'm sure.

I also have an 888 and that is a joy to ride, somehow the 1098 seems to have erased much of that raw ' connected' appeal.

So yes to meeting up someplace when the sunshines for us again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
meet up

yeh a meet at forza italia would be great, ive got to go there to get my free tyres, has everyone seen the post ATTENTION ? about the recall ??

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ive just read the pb test, and found it confusing!!!! how can you lap that quick and say the bike has no feel and was hanging on for grim death? the baron(whoever that is) bottled it and claimed he was injured, hed just looked at the 312 and said it was crap!!! how can he say that without riding it!!,,,,,,,,,,,, well either the journalists have a grudge against mv or us mv people just like shite bikes!!! which is it? grrrrrrr

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
devilboy said:
ive just read the pb test, and found it confusing!!!! how can you lap that quick and say the bike has no feel and was hanging on for grim death? the baron(whoever that is) bottled it and claimed he was injured, hed just looked at the 312 and said it was crap!!! how can he say that without riding it!!,,,,,,,,,,,, well either the journalists have a grudge against mv or us mv people just like shite bikes!!! which is it? grrrrrrr
it certainly wont be anything to do with "sponsorship"

will it? :naughty:

and a big welcome MR.M

1 - 20 of 32 Posts