MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when and if the 312 will be coming to the UK?

Anyone know why it isn't on the official MV website?

From what i can gather it has the same engine as the tamborinin?

·
Registered
88 Posts
djt77 said:
Does anyone know when and if the 312 will be coming to the UK?

Anyone know why it isn't on the official MV website?

From what i can gather it has the same engine as the tamborinin?
Is the engine of F4CC(1078 cc) not Tamburini.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Yes the CC is 1078 and the new 312 has the Tambo engine :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:
Not at all, the 312R engine is the 1000R engine with some evolution step. A friend of mine was at MV factory last week and took a lot of pictures of the new 312R and some closeup of engine as well (I have 161 pictures on my PC!). No variable intake on that engine, believe me.
I'm sorry but I cannot send pictures on forum because my friend took them for an article to be published on Italian magazine "Moto tecnica", an interview to Mr Andrea Goggi, responsible of MV Racing Dep.; my friend asked me not to show them until the magazine will be ready for sale since he cares for this job very much :) The only problem is that they cannot publish this interview and pictures before official Italian release of the new 312R scheduled by end of march (this is a MV request they had to subscribe). As soon as the magazine will be released I will post some of those pictures if you want.

By now I can just tell you that in MV no planning for a new F5 has been done and there are enough evolution steps ready to improve F4 until 2011 and that the 312R has already it's homologation for WSBK '08. Last but not least during final test the bike actually reached 313 Km/h but I suppose no one would like to call it like Donald Duck's car! :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Morgan,
The info relayed by your friend is info that we pretty much had already, which may well be the case. Maybe no variable intake (yet) but in a post by emoto they stated the 312 and Tambo share the same internals
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=82511#post82511

and I had the opportunity to speak to the Aus distributor himself about it today and in his words they didn't have much info on it yet but this he did confirm the same internals...the only hard facts I have at this stage is that
they definately share the same inlet springs.

With two different and also credible sources claiming this you have to entertain there might be some thruth in there. You never know when dealing with a company what is truth and what might be spin

As I said I don't know, just like youself I was repeating what I was told...but the truth is out there... :) :laughing:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
MorganChane said:
Not at all, the 312R engine is the 1000R engine with some evolution step. A friend of mine was at MV factory last week and took a lot of pictures of the new 312R and some closeup of engine as well (I have 161 pictures on my PC!). No variable intake on that engine, believe me.
I'm sorry but I cannot send pictures on forum because my friend took them for an article to be published on Italian magazine "Moto tecnica", an interview to Mr Andrea Goggi, responsible of MV Racing Dep.; my friend asked me not to show them until the magazine will be ready for sale since he cares for this job very much :) The only problem is that they cannot publish this interview and pictures before official Italian release of the new 312R scheduled by end of march (this is a MV request they had to subscribe). As soon as the magazine will be released I will post some of those pictures if you want.

By now I can just tell you that in MV no planning for a new F5 has been done and there are enough evolution steps ready to improve F4 until 2011 and that the 312R has already it's homologation for WSBK '08. Last but not least during final test the bike actually reached 313 Km/h but I suppose no one would like to call it like Donald Duck's car! :)
Great info, thanks :yo:

I guess a plain "old" R will suit me fine :smoking:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Please see below the specs:
> new Titanium inlet valves 30mm Diam.
> inlet springs same as the Tambu.
> new camshaft profile
> new Magneti Marelli 5.SM ECU with FlashEprom memory
> 183 hp @12400 rpm
> Euro 3
> 300Euros more for the 1+1 that the R 1+1
Same colors as the R

The above specs are the R312 specs but I can not tell you if some more internal parts are the same ones as the Tambu.
Keep in mind that all the 1000cc engines (veltro, R, 312, Tambu. etc...) have the same base engine: 1000S.
The C.C is different in the way that it has 1098cc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Morgan,
With two different and also credible sources claiming this you have to entertain there might be some thruth in there. You never know when dealing with a company what is truth and what might be spin

As I said I don't know, just like youself I was repeating what I was told...but the truth is out there... :) :laughing:
Yes, I'm repeating what I was told, but my source should be an interview to Andrea Goggi who's the one who actually made the 1000R and 1100CC engine... I hope he knows what is talking about, otherwise I suppose my friend didn't understand anything at all! (and it may be, and in this case I'll stop reading that magazine, of course!) :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
MorganChane said:
Yes, I'm repeating what I was told, but my source should be an interview to Andrea Goggi who's the one who actually made the 1000R and 1100CC engine... I hope he knows what is talking about, otherwise I suppose my friend didn't understand anything at all! (and it may be, and in this case I'll stop reading that magazine, of course!) :)
I'm sure your friend had no trouble understanding Goggi and I would not hold him or any publication responsible for printing what they believe to be true.

I was talking to someone about this yesterday who has ridden a Tambo and he was saying how much more the Tambo seemed to rev over the 1000S and I started thinking is it possible the Tambo (also) has a shorter stroke motor also and that the variable intake was there to help compensate the low end.

Maybe someone who knows a bit about the Tambo engine can chime in here and help out.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
can you tell me if it has a auto choke, or do you still have to turn the little knob yourself? :laughing:

most interesting thing about what morgan has said is the evo development good till 2011!! how lovely for us lowly 750 owners to have a bike that will look pretty much new for another 5 years!! :drummer: so maybe a 600 IS their next focus. or do they just want to give tamburini time to develop the next superbike in his leisure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts