MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am getting my 312 mono in about a month and have been looking for info but can't really find anything solid.
I am so use to reverse shift I would like to do it to the MV, I assume it is possible with the gilles rearsets. I would just like to confirm before buying them.
I was also looking at getting headers to eliminate the cat and o2 sensor, has anyone had any experience with removing the o2 sensor?
Is there a factory plug to 'trick' the ECU or anything like that?
One more thing I wanted to know was can the stock 312 ECU be reprogrammed to suit mods?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
689 Posts
To answer your questions:

1) I don't know about the Gilles rearsets, but probably. MV Special Parts has a GP-pattern shift drum that will do it and retain the stock externals.
2, 3, 4) Yes, there is a replacement header, but it won't do anything about the ECU looking for the lambda sensor. The "RG3" ECU eliminates the lambda sensor input, but is tuned for the replacement header, no cat, and RG3 mufflers. If you get the RG3 ECU and a Powercomander, you will be able to tune the fueling.

I've got the RG3 ECU and RG3 mufflers with stock header/cat, and it works well enough. If I were racing, I'd be concerned about the final fine tuning, but as-is, the bike runs strongly.

Search around the forum for "overheating" and you'll see the primary topic of conversation on the 312, excepting of course, the ability or not to achieve 312 kph ...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mv4750 said:
312kph - it should do that easy. :stickpoke

:popcorn:
I hear thats first gear speed.... right?? That's the only reason I'm buying it:D :stickpoke

Well it sounds like the 'race ECU' is the way to go.
I would have thought this ECU is tunable by an MV tuning tool or something similar to eliminate the need for a power commander. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

·
Registered
124 Posts
three-one-two said:
I hear thats first gear speed.... right?? That's the only reason I'm buying it:D :stickpoke

Well it sounds like the 'race ECU' is the way to go.
I would have thought this ECU is tunable by an MV tuning tool or something similar to eliminate the need for a power commander. Does anyone have anymore info on this?
Try Fast by Ferracci. I guess they have an exchange program for the ECU so you can get one that eliminates the O2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts