MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the UK, you can't help noticing that 312 prices are dropping. For instance, the RRP is £14995, certain dealers are selling them for £12995. Much more of a sensible price and brings us more inline with Europe etc. My personal opinion is that the 312 model is struggling to sell in the UK. OK, yes we know about the uprated parts etc, but most won't change from their R models and even the S model. Also, certain bike reporters like MCN have not given it a gleaming write up. I think people are sticking with what they have got and possibly waiting for 2009. No one want to throw money away!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with everything you say. I think most people are waiting to see what the new MV is like now and there are probably going to be great deals on the 312 models when that happens. I'm not in a position to change my bike right now, but even if I could, with no disrespect to current owners, a 312 wouldn't be on my shopping list.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Here in the UK, you can't help noticing that 312 prices are dropping. For instance, the RRP is £14995, certain dealers are selling them for £12995. Much more of a sensible price and brings us more inline with Europe etc. My personal opinion is that the 312 model is struggling to sell in the UK. OK, yes we know about the uprated parts etc, but most won't change from their R models and even the S model. Also, certain bike reporters like MCN have not given it a gleaming write up. I think people are sticking with what they have got and possibly waiting for 2009. No one want to throw money away!
wise words

im sitting here with cash awaiting a good deal, no hurry as winter is aproaching (although a 312 would be an excellent centre piece in the home) until spring.

doesnt matter if its a 2007 or 2008 plate as private number will be going on and I wont be looking to sell it on, for a long long time.

I really want to deal with my local dealer but when you see prices of £12994 for a new 312, its one heck of a saving even better deals on F4 1000R, I think i will sit tight and wait see what comes up (now that im over the "need it now" urge).

you never know a nice low milage senna or tambo might pop up as i wait

you know my views warren, just waiting until the time is right

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Yes, I agree with that.

If it were me, I would wait to see if something new is coming...unless a nice Tambo came along:smoking:

NiceN...what happened about the Tambo, did you buy it? Do you have it yet?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Unfortunately the new MV coming is a "triple" supersport, but not a 1000 cc. For that you must wait untill 2009 or 2010.

I prefer to enjoy my F4R today, and in 2010 I will calculate my options again. But anyway, the current F4 is awesome and beautiful and always its a good deal. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
MADRIDF4R said:
Unfortunately the new MV coming is a "triple" supersport, but not a 1000 cc. For that you must wait untill 2009 or 2010.

I prefer to enjoy my F4R today, and in 2010 I will calculate my options again. But anyway, the current F4 is awesome and beautiful and always its a good deal. :)
+1
agree!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is is blasphemy...

to suggest that the new Bimotas--especially the new TESI and DB5 are stealing some of the Italian limelight? Mmm... billet spar frames and trellis swingarms...

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
not blasphemy at all. In fact several members have a bit of a Bimota affliction.... I'm looking at them now as the next thing in the garage.... but right now it's competing against....buying something with a garage!

The DB5 C is what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
While i understand people that are waiting, i think that if that's happening the in the UK then it's a really good time to buy a 312R or swap you "old" S for one.

The new MV that will substitute the F4 will only be out by 2009/2010 so there's still plenty of time to enjoy your new 312R or to wait sitting on the money if that's your option.
Also, for those who are waiting, just think..... what if you really dislike the new coming MV??? You waited and waitied for something you don'y like and you're not buying.

I bougth my 312R back in May and all the rumours about the new MV were already out etc... but i didn't care a bit, because i want to have and keep forever (if i can afford) an MV F4 in my garage. :f4: :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
MV-999R said:
While i understand people that are waiting, i think that if that's happening the in the UK then it's a really good time to buy a 312R or swap you "old" S for one.

The new MV that will substitute the F4 will only be out by 2009/2010 so there's still plenty of time to enjoy your new 312R or to wait sitting on the money if that's your option.
Also, for those who are waiting, just think..... what if you really dislike the new coming MV??? You waited and waitied for something you don'y like and you're not buying.

I bougth my 312R back in May and all the rumours about the new MV were already out etc... but i didn't care a bit, because i want to have and keep forever (if i can afford) an MV F4 in my garage. :f4: :)
You waited and waitied for something you don'y like and you're not buying.

Don't also forget life is not a rehearsal, I have had a timely reminder this year about that one, you may wait and wait and wait and just never get to 2010......................no point in sitting on your cloud looking down and thinking ''If only I had...............'' :ahhh:

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Of couse, there may even be a Nuclear War before 2010. No life no planet and no MV!

I suppose the real dilemma is the change. If you own an S or R model, is it really worth the change to the 312. Still afair chunk of money for what? OK, lighter wheels and improved brakes, but the bikes look the same and the design is the same. The S model is stil a lovely machine and many people still like the silver star wheels, unique to MV. Plus, if you mainy ride on the roads, then the S & R is still plenty fast enough. 175 MPH. I feel perhaps this is the reason why the 312 has not sold that well in the UK. Also, I have never had a problem with the S Nissan brakes, they work fine and do the job. OK, the back can be a little soft, but just change the brake pad. If you think about it, in the short space of time from the R to the 312. Its a great way for MV to bring more money into the company etc and will go towards the development etc of the new models. Perhaps buying a Tambo is a good step, because these are limited edition bikes and not the run of the mill. However, they are still pricey and some people may think they are a little expensive to ride on the roads/track, just in case you go down. My personal feeling is that MV dealers are beginning to feel the pinch in the UK. On the whole, people are not spending at the moment. This could be due to house market problems and increased % costs. Also, all the lending to the sub prime markets, someone has to pay for this! Winter is now setting in, lets see what the UK importer will do regarding prices. Just sit back and watch. All comes to those that wait!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Of couse, there may even be a Nuclear War before 2010. No life no planet and no MV!
Yeah, that's it exactly! :idea:

If that nuclear war before 2010 is going to kill us all, i would rather die riding my 312R than sitting on the money i'm saving for the up coming one :toothless

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I for one still prefer the "silver star wheels" and still holding off for a 312,

but as time goes on im also starting to think of how much im getting ripped off here in U.K. - fuel, road tax, insurance, crap roads, pricing on everything!!!!!!!!!

what I have sitting in the bank can fully pay of the mortgage, im lucky enough to work for an American oil company who welcomes and encourages moves within company.

Starting to think I should work with them in N.America or canada, - relocate and then buy an MV at half the price with stunning roads and scenery not to mention the cost of fuel which brings a huge smile to my face.

maybe its a good idea i didnt rush in, time to sit back and think things through as im totally pissed off being ripped off here in U.K.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
F41NXS said:
I for one still prefer the "silver star wheels" and still holding off for a 312,

but as time goes on im also starting to think of how much im getting ripped off here in U.K. - fuel, road tax, insurance, crap roads, pricing on everything!!!!!!!!!

what I have sitting in the bank can fully pay of the mortgage, im lucky enough to work for an American oil company who welcomes and encourages moves within company.

Starting to think I should work with them in N.America or canada, - relocate and then buy an MV at half the price with stunning roads and scenery not to mention the cost of fuel which brings a huge smile to my face.

maybe its a good idea i didnt rush in, time to sit back and think things through as im totally pissed off being ripped off here in U.K.

Roy I fully agree mate.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MV-999R said:
Yeah, that's it exactly! :idea:

If that nuclear war before 2010 is going to kill us all, i would rather die riding my 312R than sitting on the money i'm saving for the up coming one :toothless

I love it :laughing:
:ahhh: :laughing: :ahhh:

·
Registered
236 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Anyone have any idea what the dealers pay for the 312 from the importers?

They have a 12% difference on the standard models.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
MotoMorfose said:
They have a 12% difference on the standard models.
if that is the case! and the retail price is £14995 are they losing out by selling the 312 off at £12500 - £13000?

what is the profit margin

many dealers are selling for above price of £12500 - £13000

and much less for the brutale

1 - 20 of 24 Posts