MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is still a large margin to the cut-off , I think the next time to catch up to 330 .

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've hit 311 on mine totally stock easily a few times, the last shift light is on tho, don't think there was many revs left and I don't like to hold it totally pin'd for to long so I always back off, 320 might be possible

in saying that tho my totally stock 2010 f4, pulls away from new ZX10's, moded ZX14's makes GSXr1000's look like 600's ...... and to top it all off, pulls away from the new MV F4 RR... I think there may be a few under rated motors out there

and mates R1 at 300 on his speedo mine reads about 280, so I don't think its a speedo issue

i'm yet to run it against a mates HP4

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
You guys need to look into the 10% speedo error that is built in to your indications...standard throughout the world...so, knock 30 kph off those optimistic speeds.

Unless, of course, you happen to have the first stock MV to break the 312kpk barrier.
Aren't YOU the lucky one.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Of course, all you need to do is drop a tooth off the front sprocket and add a couple of teeth to the rear and you could be doing 312 on the speedo whilst not drawing the attention of the law ..... ;-)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Of course, all you need to do is drop a tooth off the front sprocket and add a couple of teeth to the rear and you could be doing 312 on the speedo whilst not drawing the attention of the law ..... ;-)
Not quite
The 2010+ bikes measure speed at the rear disc not the output shaft.

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
OK, so post those GPS speeds.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You guys need to look into the 10% speedo error that is built in to your indications...standard throughout the world...so, knock 30 kph off those optimistic speeds.

Unless, of course, you happen to have the first stock MV to break the 312kpk barrier.
Aren't YOU the lucky one.
Not True.... Close but not true.

The EU make us over read by a % at various speed brackets not 10% throughout. Its 6-7% at most speed.

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I was going to post in it. right now. just to do it. bur its locked. damn it all.

Mine does 320. sitting in the garage. BOOM

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the official dealer said that the error can not be, because all the stars stock .
But I think to check with the GPS.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Everybody feels their bike is special/underrated and faster then anything out there. Realistically only the side-by-side dyno comparisons with other bikes or GPS speed check can prove anything.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts