MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics of the 312, first impressions are: This bike is definately lighter than the 1000, you notice it even when you are putting it on the stand :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: On the road its noticable also, changes direction very quickly (and i have not adjusted the ride height) MV have raised the high bar again :jsm: :jsm: Feel and connection with the road, particulary from the front is EPIC (assuming the new wheels have something to do with this) :jsm: and the brakes are sensational, all road bikes should have these :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: power is relentless, just builds continuously; also interesting to note how "smooth" the motor is not as viby as the 1000 :jsm: Motor also has more mechanical noise at idle sounds purposeful / race like :jsm: Bike is set up with RG3s and no cat, sounds EPIC :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: Fuelling is perfect very easy to modulate on the throttle. Dunlop GP tires Medium rear, soft front provided excellent feed back and feel ,very impressed at this stage.
Bike aslo comes with built in trickle charger ... :jsm: :jsm:

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Hey mate
a very big congrats to you on this fine purchase
love the plate too................... ill grab it off you in five years to add it to the other one i got off you

:f4:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
:jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: Congrats!!! :smoking:

Yeah, you're right.
Like i said also, the 312R it's a great improvement comparing with the F4S (which is a fabulous bike already :f4: )

JSM, you say RG3 and no cat, but that looks like the original mainfolds.
Have you decatted the original "mid pipe"?
And what about the ECU, is it the stick one?

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Congrats JSM! Looks great.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Lovely bike. You mention that you have got the RG3 pipes and removed the cat. My dealer informed me that it was very difficult to remove the cat because now its all completely joined together. Could you please give some feedback on this, cheers mate and thanks for the pics

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks very good :f4:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Nice.............. does the 312 have the same or similar fuelling issues that the 1000R has?

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gents,
thanks for the posts re the new "beast" :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: MV999rrrrrrr i will forgive you this time for the over use of the EEEk (1x to many) :jsm:
Yes the C is difficult to remove :naughty: but makes a difference :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:
Further impressions, i have realized now that arguably the most interesting difference over the standard 1000 is the gear box ratios, they are much closer on the 312 and this makes the bike "easier" to make rapid progress :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: Mike F, fuelling is fine as there is a "sensor" which constantly monitors there air fuel mixture; however there is an ECU coming specific to the 312 will keep you posted :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
JSMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Tell us more about the new ECU for the 312
What do you mean by new ECU :wtf: i hope it's just a sofware update done to the stock ECU as i just bought a new bike and don't want the same bike purchased 2 months late to come with a new update :jerkoff:
And we need more info on decatting he beast :naughty: :naughty:

:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts