Discussion Starter #1
So.... Has or can it be done ???

Iv heard of the 1000s being fitted but not the 312

Seems like a sensible project :mouthwate

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
James

Yes it can be done without to much hassle, but remember you'll need to swap over the engine wiring harness, ECU, updated charging system, exhaust pipe work and a few other bits and pieces..

Have a word with Hans, as he did a similar upgrade on his Brutale.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John- cheers & sounds as much as I hoped :) :) :)

Right... Next Christmas could well be project 750/312 then

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
James.. It might be a consideration to purchase a cheap, low mileage 312 and swap all your bits over including the full Senna bodywork and wheels..

Then sell off the old F4 with the 312 bodywork kit.

Two to three hours work ..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just but another MV save the hassle or trade yours in against it job done I'll sell u my standard body kits to do trade as I'll be carbon up the MV carbonator will be born hahaha

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
James.. It might be a consideration to purchase a cheap, low mileage 312 and swap all your bits over including the full Senna bodywork and wheels..

Then sell off the old F4 with the 312 bodywork kit.

Two to three hours work ..

@ JDS, yes that sounds a much more sensible idea, iv an accessory list of over 5k now and thats not including the exhibition grade paint, it would be financially InSaNe to sell it & loose so much, hence doing a motor overhaul - besides, I really want to retain the size and set up of mine & the 'proper' yellow tacho. I'll look out for 312's & get a feel for price etc. if I do it right it will only cost me time and 1-2k

@ agustaboy, thanks for offering help etc. i reckon I'll be ok with it but it's reassuring to know someone who's done it already- just incase I get stuck

@ Woodster, thanks for the offer- I'm going to get a 'donor bike' as you've prob' gathered, financially it makes huge sense, besides, try finding just a 312 engine, loom & ecu- they'd be big bucks, then there's the smaller bits like down pipes etc etc... Far easier to have a donor bike-

Unless... I find a write off 312 :) then a track 750 could emerge from the spares :) :) :) lots of food for thought & I need to make some calls & crunch numbers

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Don't for get u will need to upgrade rads and poss water pump sounds like to much hassle for me hahaha I'd buy another bike change fairings over and bang u have road 312 and track 750 hahahahaha

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I put a 1000r engine in my 750 a couple of years ago,Not a big deal as JDS quoted,If you want any info ask
Thats easier because you stick with euro2 ECU etc.
The big thing from 750 to 312 is euro2 to euro3, different ECU and all bits and signals it needs.

@ JDS, I went from 910r euro3 to 312RR euro3, so it was a snug fit with the cabling, then some oil radiator and water pipes (F4->B4).

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's definateky the way I'll go with this project, then, while they are stripped down I can paint the chassis & head red red red

If I get the 312 at the right price & sell the 750 at good money it shouldn't cost me much at all as a project- lots of time needed so i'll do it Nov>Feb .... result

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's definateky the way I'll go with this project, then, while they are stripped down I can paint the chassis & head red red red

If I get the 312 at the right price & sell the 750 at good money it shouldn't cost me much at all as a project- lots of time needed so i'll do it Nov>Feb .... result
I think the whole conversion when I did mine cost about £600,Thats with buying the engine and ancillaries,Then selling the old engine and bits,Mind you got the engine at the right price

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a great price for the conversion- exactly the same lines I want to go down, sell the 312 with the 750 power plant and recoup a majority of my costs... The challenge will be to see how little it'll cost :)

I'm thinking between 1-1.5k

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I think the whole conversion when I did mine cost about £600,Thats with buying the engine and ancillaries,Then selling the old engine and bits,Mind you got the engine at the right price
Hey Victor..I bought my Laverda Jota engine in Prenton, Birkenhead for about £ 1500.00 cheap as chips !!

joe

·
Registered
59 Posts
Next step: put a single rad 750 in a CC ;-)

Stupid jokes aside, to me it would be a question of bumping into a complete and running 312 engine from a totall loss bike.
That would make for a dream project with a 'sleeper' (I have a twin rad 750) to boot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts