MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was this only loom and ECU job? Throttle body and coils were different too?

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
Engine internals are different. Titanium valves, different cams....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not being clear enough, i bought 312 engine, now im just wondering what else i need. Allready have The ECU.

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts
As the 312R has a Secondary Air System, you will need the loom to match that...or rid yourself of it. If you have a 5SM ECU programmed for the 312R, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you can custom map your early ecu or get your hands on the fancy 1.6M microtec, you can make it work with the early parts and coils etc (may need to swap the valve covers).

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
I love listening to this crap.....
Viggen has 2 motors
His bike has a 1.6M ECU, it's not equipped for a cam sensor or
secondary air ignore them
His ECU has EBS the new motor isn't equipped for that
The old ECU and coils will work fine
The air horns on the 1078 are larger, business end is the same....make bigger holes in the air box
Now fuel
Ask Adam (merc07) if he can make a chip for you
If not you'll have to go the adjustable fuel pressure regulator route
Go to RC Engineering on line and go to the Technical Section it's all explained there

Simple

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I love listening to this crap.....
Viggen has 2 motors
His bike has a 1.6M ECU, it's not equipped for a cam sensor or
secondary air ignore them
His ECU has EBS the new motor isn't equipped for that
The old ECU and coils will work fine
The air horns on the 1078 are larger, business end is the same....make bigger holes in the air box
Now fuel
Ask Adam (merc07) if he can make a chip for you
If not you'll have to go the adjustable fuel pressure regulator route
Go to RC Engineering on line and go to the Technical Section it's all explained there

Simple
Suggesting that anyone tune on efi by adjusting fuel pressure demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of efi and VE engine characteristics. Everything mentioned in your post had already been covered other than the things that are incorrect.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have a used Microtech for the 312. So i will search for an good condition airbox and loom then, also have the Air horns now. Thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oh yeah, i need injectors too, i forgot that bit. I have a set from a crashed bike, but they have been sitting for 7 years, so not trusting they work too good.

·
Registered
388 Posts
@ViggenF4 ... Find a company that cleans and tests injectors .. even if the ones you have are old, they may still be perfectly good after a clean and test.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts