MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks year 3.

I thought I'd do up a quick pictorial. As always I wished I had taken more pictures more of the time and kept better timeline records of what was when and where!

Delivery. I was absolutely ecstatic

first sit

Break in a few weeks later. Big Bend Texas along border with Mexico:

Different trips to BB

First well nut recovery a few weeks after that:

Ozarks of Arkansas usual suspects

Friend sitting under the sign to my absolute favourite MV road worldwide

Usual overlook in the Ozarks

Problems, 3 recorded in photos. Doesn't recount a blown 40A fuse a couple of years back after running battery dead in parking lot :nerd: that would make 4.
Oil leak

Water pump

Replaced female side of fuel connect in wife's uncle's barn in Colorado after dumping fuel in the middle of no-where-rocky-mountain-land

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rocky Mountains Colorado

Gold Rush towns

MV's first snow (it's no Santa John/yahoogroups shot though!)

Atop North America's "Highest paved Road" on Mt. Evans

Met Tim/yahoogroups at Deal's Gap

Exahust v1

Exhaust V4

I had a look at lunch: 28,026mi / 45,100km in 3yrs/1095 days. 25.6miles / 41km per day. At least 27,500mi/ 44,500km were fun filled!!!!!!!!

Hope for another 27,500mi / 44,500km to come

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jack,
I accidentally just wrote this on MC haahaha, funny you answered here!
Is Cory still at Corse Superbikes? He was my salesman in 2003.

I had been on Yahoo and greenspun for more than a year watching the situation at the factory. The factory started back up on a Thursday, a friend Peter from yahoogroups visited them on Friday and reported back the differences from Goggi on EVO2 vs EVO3 and I called every US dealer on that monday and ordered. Corse happened to have my bike in the crate and Cory was the sales guy. I'd forward him an email if I had his address

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
milk&juice said:
Some great shots there James, looks like some very fond memories and definately plenty more to come.
Cheers
James..that's so cool.
great pics, great story....I think all the guys who have had their MV's for a while, should do similar to James ...it's a great read to follow the story of bike and rider !

Hats off to you James...you've inspired me, and no doubt others here to do similar...I'm sure we'll get some very interesting MV threads..

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I have been to other sportsbike forums, but I have never seen any post about 3 year anniversary celebrations about owning a bike. I feel love in the air... :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist

I am still waiting for my Senna, the 1st MV for me... is it really that wonderful?

congrats, JamesC, wishing you 2 many more happy years and fun + safe miles together!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
NICE! Did you or anybody else swap bikes? Mainly the guys with the RC51s....that was my second choice...and actually what I was origianlly going to get. Wanting to solidify my decision in going MV... :naughty:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wish you well, and happy trails...
Thanks for your help with the MV community... :king:
Very nice pictures.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Great photos James, Thanks for sharing them with us. Have you baked a cake laced with synthetic oil for the bike! Only joking mate, here's to the next 3 years. :drummer:

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
JamesC said:
I had a look at lunch: 28,026mi / 45,100km in 3yrs/1095 days. 25.6miles / 41km per day. At least 27,500mi/ 44,500km were fun filled!!!!!!!!

Hope for another 27,500mi / 44,500km to come
James apart from that one pict of 6ok plus, a dealer mentioned in a forum that he had a customer which uses the mv for commuting and has 80000km plus on the odo meterrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
And that in such a small country (150km wide x 300km long)

good luck!!

PS I liked this post more than the one in yahoo, where I had to click every pic myself!!! So answered here. apart from other reasons you probably know of.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
That's awesome James :smoking:
Congrats and i wish you can do a lot more good miles with it.

It's always great to see someone putting a lot of miles on an MV :guitarist

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
MV-999R said:
That's awesome James :smoking:
Congrats and i wish you can do a lot more good miles with it.

It's always great to see someone putting a lot of miles on an MV :guitarist
Any other riders out there going to do a history like James :stickpoke
I thinks it's a great idea and a good read....love to read and see other riders MV historys!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
JamesC said:
Jack,
I accidentally just wrote this on MC haahaha, funny you answered here!
Is Cory still at Corse Superbikes? He was my salesman in 2003.

I had been on Yahoo and greenspun for more than a year watching the situation at the factory. The factory started back up on a Thursday, a friend Peter from yahoogroups visited them on Friday and reported back the differences from Goggi on EVO2 vs EVO3 and I called every US dealer on that monday and ordered. Corse happened to have my bike in the crate and Cory was the sales guy. I'd forward him an email if I had his address

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone.

I was planning a big long one but waited till the actual day and dug up the photos I could instead of maybe a more complete and descriptive storyline. Oh well it was Friday and I wanted to go home :laughing:

I've ridden those fairly modded RC51's but probably Gladio can better answer a direct comparo. I'm not much for wide bikes.

So hans, a new measuring stick eh? How many clutch baskets has the rider been through commuting at 80000km? :rolleyes:

I'd appreciate reading more stories from everyone!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts