MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
has anyone gone up three teeth on a 1000 if so is it fine for street use or is it revving to much in top.also how does it effect top speed and speedo reading

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went + 1 in the front = to +3 to the rear. feels like a new bike one tooth is = to about 3mph. The f4-1000 is geared to high anyway, So go with the front spocket its cheaper and you can keep the same chain.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello, You mean you went -1 in front = +3 teeth on rear. Did the same, you are correct on the speedo readings +3miles. Amazing difference on acceleration. Plus if you put Talon sprockets you loose 350gr from rear sprocket and 50gr from front sprocket. without loosing reliability.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can only suggest to change the rear one. It cost more (chain+sprocket) but it will run perfectly.
-1 on the front gives:
> more stress to the chain (smaller diameter)
> more friction (smaller diameter)
> less efficienty because of the high torque of the 1000cc
-1 on the front is ok for 600cc or 750cc
I tested both configurations on my 998S. Std is 15/36. I was running 14/36 and I went to 15/39. Much better that 14/36. You feel more torque with a stronger acceleration and no problems with the chain.
Soon I will test on my F4 1000 15/41 and let you know how is it.

Check the link below. I is in German but it can help you to choose your gearing.

http://motorrad.sowas.com/technik/sonstiges/gangdiagramm.html

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Anyone know where can I get a 41 or 42 tooth rear sprocket in Aussie without breaking the bank.

Can you give me the Talon part number if possible?

Thanks.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I need sprockets/chain set. Let me know of good places that both.

·
Registered
503 Posts
desmolight said:
I can only suggest to change the rear one. It cost more (chain+sprocket) but it will run perfectly.
-1 on the front gives:
> more stress to the chain (smaller diameter)
> more friction (smaller diameter)
> less efficienty because of the high torque of the 1000cc
-1 on the front is ok for 600cc or 750cc
I tested both configurations on my 998S. Std is 15/36. I was running 14/36 and I went to 15/39. Much better that 14/36. You feel more torque with a stronger acceleration and no problems with the chain.
Soon I will test on my F4 1000 15/41 and let you know how is it.

Check the link below. I is in German but it can help you to choose your gearing.

http://motorrad.sowas.com/technik/sonstiges/gangdiagramm.html

Good advice. :f4:

·
Registered
166 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Contact us we can supply sprockets for the 1000 :) any size any color!
Steel or Aluminium sprockets?

The aluminium sprockets have a short live time with the sand here in Kuwait !
So, I am looking for Z41 steel F4 1000.

·
Registered
785 Posts
desmolight said:
Steel or Aluminium sprockets?

The aluminium sprockets have a short live time with the sand here in Kuwait !
So, I am looking for Z41 steel F4 1000.

Hi Patrick,

Our sprockets are aircraft grade Aluminium, I will look into the sprockets made from steel, will let you know my findings.

Jon

·
Registered
604 Posts
what kind of time frame is short live-time? eMoto, you have the countershaft in any color as well? Is there a red chain in 525?

·
Registered
785 Posts
ddnuts said:
what kind of time frame is short live-time? eMoto, you have the countershaft in any color as well? Is there a red chain in 525?
Hey ddnuts,

I think Desmo is refering to the sand killing the aluminium in Kuwait.

On our F4 750 we still have the same sprockets and RK gold chain - nearly 10,000 miles, they still look in good condition and function properly.
We have sold a lot of sprockets to the US and no problems reported.

The sprockets are available in black, blue, gold, red, titanium, and the chain can be supplied in red.

·
Registered
166 Posts
+1 Jon. A lot of sand here and ALuminium is not steel !
The live time of a chain is about 10000kms here and Aluminium sprocket live is shorter. So, we try to keep the live time of the final transmition in the same range.
Thank you Jon to look for steel sprokets.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi Patrick, I have spoken to the guys that make the sprockets for us, they said they would be willing to make steel sprockets, but we must order a large quantity.

HOWEVER, there will be an opportunity for us to buy some steel sprockets in 4 weeks for Ducati and MV, let me know the number you wish to order and the sizes, and also if you have need some Ducati sprockets.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
166 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Hi Patrick, I have spoken to the guys that make the sprockets for us, they said they would be willing to make steel sprockets, but we must order a large quantity.

HOWEVER, there will be an opportunity for us to buy some steel sprockets in 4 weeks for Ducati and MV, let me know the number you wish to order and the sizes, and also if you have need some Ducati sprockets.

Thanks,
Jon
Thank you Jon. Large quantity ? :jsm: We have "only" 8 F4 1000 in Kuwait for now. 2 Tambu, 1 AGO (leaving soon Kwt for Italy), 5 F4 1000. Actualy I can forget large qty :naughty:
MV Agusta is in Kuwait since 1 season. This winter is our second season and more and more bikers looking for MV. 90% of them are Ducati onwer.

I have an order ready for you but I will see to add the sprockets.
I email you soon.

·
Registered
238 Posts
so most guys are going plus 3 in the rear? I was planning on +2, but that is just what i used for my R1 and I know everything is different.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts