MV Agusta Forum banner
241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
@Panchomeneguzi - with all due respect, please restudy fluid dynamics. The reservoir acts as a head tank and should be (must be) the high point in the system.
I didn’t know that it acted as a head tank, my mistake :)

But Then, what about these rear pump options with the tank fitted in the pump?
Anyway, this is just an
experiment, if it works for me, will let you know.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Those are unlikely used on ABS systems where the ABS unit is well above the master.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Read the entire 13 pages. Wow what a saga. Correct me if I am wrong, but nobody has really figured the rear brake problem cause? Bleed and bleed....

·
Registered
438 Posts
i actually very rarely use my back brake.

My other bike (Ducati Multistrada 1200s) has the same issue with the rear brake. Surprise surprise same ABS unit, same reservoir position. If you ask me it's an issue with the ABS module not bleeding out (hence they want you to activate the ABS 5 times during the road test part of the bleeding procedure)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Read the entire 13 pages. Wow what a saga. Correct me if I am wrong, but nobody has really figured the rear brake problem cause? Bleed and bleed....
The only way to get over it, is to raise the brake fluid reservoir, so that it is higher than the ABS unit. This is not possible on the Dragster, so you are correct, in regards to your bike.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can skip the reservoir relocation or make this process easier, by adding bleed valves in top of the abs module. I bleed the valves like every 3 month, and always find some air.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Electrical wiring Wire

·
Registered
939 Posts
The only way to get over it, is to raise the brake fluid reservoir, so that it is higher than the ABS unit. This is not possible on the Dragster, so you are correct, in regards to your bike.
Thank you for clarification, yep no room for fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone relocated the reservoir and if so, where did you put it?
I just ran a long hose from the master to under the passenger seat, and put a plug in the end.
There's more volume in the long hose than was in the reservoir.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Allora,

I have the same problem with the rear brake on my 2018 Brutale 800RR AND my 2021 Moto Morini Milano , BUT never on my 2015 Aprilia RSV4. All Brembo components, ABS Bosch.

MV and Morini loose pressure while in winter storage - Aprilia does not.
So heat is not the issue.

Look at the set up:

Morini (problem):

Aprilia (no problem):

It seems to be a reservoir and / or master (and feeding it) prob.

All my Aprilia friends have never had a problem like this (because it is a sealed system?)

Ideas?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Allora,

I have the same problem with the rear brake on my 2018 Brutale 800RR AND my 2021 Moto Morini Milano , BUT never on my 2015 Aprilia RSV4. All Brembo components, ABS Bosch.

MV and Morini loose pressure while in winter storage - Aprilia does not.
So heat is not the issue.

Look at the set up:

Morini (problem):

Aprilia (no problem):

It seems to be a reservoir and / or master (and feeding it) prob.

All my Aprilia friends have never had a problem like this (because it is a sealed system?)

Ideas?
May you indicate abs bosh module position in your bikes ? (Higher or lower than B3 800?)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Both ABS modules of the Morini and Aprilia are located under the seat. Similar to the MV.
So above the Master cylinder and reservoir.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Such an absurdly stupid problem. Gotta say, I have spent so much bloody time trying to solve this issue. My F3 is a track only bike, so the rear brake for me is crucial for when I am way too ambitious on a turn and fly off the track :rolleyes:. The one time it happened and I was not able to slow the bike at all using the rear brake on semi wet grass scared the living hell out of me as I almost hit the barrier head on despite the long run off. Couldn't even lock the rear wheel up! Plus, the 2 times I almost didn't pass tech inspection due to how spongy the rear brake was. Anyhow, just silly for a part that I almost never use. I bought this upgrade, Brembo caliper and really took my time with the bleed, and it's much improved. Def not what a 'normal' rear brake should be, but at least I feel like it does something now. 🤞
Automotive lighting White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

241 - 260 of 289 Posts