MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
The new shots – which will be published in MCN on Wednesday April 14 – include a fairing-off close-up of the engine showing three exhaust downpipes and a triple-exit silencer in place of a conventional Arrow silencer seen previously.

:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate STOP playing with us and LET US have the damn thing!

Triple exit silencer :yo::yo::yo:

Thanks layne :) made my day :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tried a Triumph Daytona and Speed Triple this past weekend, and I am completely sold on the engine. Now please, please just build this already with a RSV4-R price and I will pre-order without a moment's thought :(.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The MV brand will carry a premium but it is cc class dependant.

So if it a 675 it is directly comparable to the Triumph

A 750 to many Japanese

An 800 is "unique" so more difficult

I would hope an F3 is c£8500 ready to go at 675cc

and a Brut version at c£1000 less

Look at Triumphs UK configurator to compare

Allan

·
Registered
548 Posts
That photo looks like a development hack, look at the bungs in the exhaust and the dodgy looking collector box. I know the plastic isn't to be taken seriously, but the plates around the engine and shape of the swingarm look somewhat "unfinished"

Here's hoping that they can bring it to market, even with the ownership question not settled. Are there any major bike shows coming up where they might reveal it?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I am hoping this is a prototype, and that the actual finished product will be much refined. That three pipe on the side is FUGLY! But I am sure that is an easy fix, yet one that shouldn't have to be needed if they do it right.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
MCN have updated there web site today.

Photo shows the exhaust and if you click on full story they have added the videos from the pit wall and on track.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/

Pit box photo without fairing is in MCN Wednesday
that's nice to see something different, small bike or bike fellow?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I am hoping this is a prototype, and that the actual finished product will be much refined. That three pipe on the side is FUGLY! But I am sure that is an easy fix, yet one that shouldn't have to be needed if they do it right.
I wouldn't worry too much. Italians are always testing "prova" models which are heavily disguised as to not take away from the launch.

Exhaust pipes have always been the centre piece of MV multis (traditionally) & with the F4 they shown themselves to hold to the traditions of the company - i.e one pipe per cyclinder and red/silver as the mainstay colour scheme.

I think this thing will be ultra horny and if/once released nothing in the world will stop me from adding it the rest of the MVs in my garage! Honestly I am far more excited about this than when the the F4 resurrection was announced. Probably becuase I have always wanted a triple but when the Laverdas were the ultimate triple to have, I was too young and too poor to be able to even think about affording one! Hard work as changed the poverty aspect but not the triple coursing through my veins...lol And an MV no less - life is good :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
those are def hacked up F4 farings...i highly doubt they are going to test with the exact look. We may see the inside goodies but the beauty will be seen later probably

·
Registered
53 Posts
Depending on the CCs, I wouldn't be surprised if the crank HP would be equal or greater than a SPR.

I would lean towards a 675cc that is a mid 350 lbs. or less (dry). Price point would be somewhat of a concern, but not as much as the goodies it comes with off-the-showroom-floor.

If MV goes the same route as the 2010 F4, then probably a few things would likely be swapped out for the MV Corse or aftermarket parts (small concern). However, if that route yields a better baseline MSRP, sure. Though some would probably whine such a move would take away from some of the 'exclusivity'.

·
Registered
149 Posts
OMG that exhaust looks like escaped from the BSA factory in 1972. Last time I seen any thing that ugly it was on a Rocket 3.

If that the production exhaust then Tamburini will be round within a week of the bike going into production to burn the factory down. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts