MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys over at Grimoto Garage make videos every now and then about MV's and come up with maintenance or informative kind of videos.

Today they posted more information about the battery and preventing errors on the dash.
Also how to start the bike up with a drained battery.

Most of us 3 cylinder owners will probably know this, but for those who dont its definitely worth watching.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm guessing the point is to keep the battery on a charger/tender or similar.

My MV came with a Battery Tender brand tender and the (MV factory) dongle.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I installed a Lithium battery for weight reasons.

I just pull the main plug on the right side of my 18 800RR and that's it for the winter....

Reactions: Teeps

·
Registered
626 Posts
So the plug under the seat, is that wired into the bike (battery charging system) for the charger to plug into? does it lead to the battery or some other way for the charger to keep the battery fresh?

wondering if I should use this way, versus the direct wiring to the battery I am using to charge the bike right now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So the plug under the seat, is that wired into the bike (battery charging system) for the charger to plug into? does it lead to the battery or some other way for the charger to keep the battery fresh?

wondering if I should use this way, versus the direct wiring to the battery I am using to charge the bike right now.
The wired plug goes to battery - same as your direct wiring.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the F3 I would like to install an electric lead from the relay and another earth point. So if I have starting issues I don’t need to remove the fairing. Would this be feasible ?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have the F3 I would like to install an electric lead from the relay and another earth point. So if I have starting issues I don’t need to remove the fairing. Would this be feasible ?
Yes, I have done this already as my starter button stopped working 2+ years ago, the only issue is if you hold the auxiliary starter button for too long "starter relay fault" momentarily flashes up on the dash.
But that's it, works everytime with out fail

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,870 Posts
Can I just remove The relay to avoid the battery discharge?
You can pull the Main Fuse out. This will disconnect the battery from all draw....unless your rectifier is leaking to ground, and maybe even then.
But you will have to reset the clock every time you plug it back in, and any trip meters will be erased.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can pull the Main Fuse out. This will disconnect the battery from all draw....unless your rectifier is leaking to ground, and maybe even then.
But you will have to reset the clock every time you plug it back in, and any trip meters will be erased.
Sorry, but where is located The main fuse?

·
Administrator
19,870 Posts
Next to the starter relay connector. Photo capture from video shown in an earlier post. Arrow is pointing at the relay. One fuse is active, the other is a spare.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts