MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting my second season racing in the NG road racing series this weekend @ brands hatch. Competing in the open 600, sounds of thunder (singles twins and triples), open (anything goes) (@ single day events) and open newcomer classes.

Last year I jumped in the deep end with a pretty much a stock bike Inc gearing and suspension. Blew an engine up after a couple of rounds.

I finished miles from the back of the pack the first few races, however after a couple of rounds I managed to hold on to the back of the pack and start mixing it up.

Hoping to complete for the newcomers championship this year and mix it up around points finishes in the other classes.

Bike is in bits at the mo, will post pic up later in the week.

Will try and keep this thread updated throughout the year. Or you can follow the results here http://www.ngroadracing.org/results_data/2017/diary.htm

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Good luck to it. I have a few mates doing various classes too

I'm keen to have a go and have my ACU but funds are being thrown at my sons racing which is more important to me

Hopefully you have a more reliable season this year and get your pace to mid pack and start mixing it up

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Good luck, I never raced with NG, only EMRA, Bemsee and New Era

Is it brands indy this weekend? I'm in slough Saturday so might pop in to watch some crashes, if I do I will PM you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck, I never raced with NG, only EMRA, Bemsee and New Era

Is it brands indy this weekend? I'm in slough Saturday so might pop in to watch some crashes, if I do I will PM you.
Thanks for all your support

Yep, it's the Indy circuit. I will be there this Friday, Saturday?, Sunday. be great to meet some more forum members.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
like the Surtees ref and the MHP exhasut. Mark made all of my exhausts for the GSXR's I raced.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goods day testing, spent most of the day on suspension, couldn't get the power down with the rear tieing it's self in knots.
After ecu reflash gained lots of midrange power .
All in all good day and shaved almost a second off my best lap from last year.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Who did you get to map it? What times were you running round Indy? Improvement on that track is hard as it's so tight and gives the right side real grief

A friend runs one for purely track but would like to map his. Also a guy I raced with did his first race there Sunday (Cam Harris) and won it... Not bad for his first race on tarmac

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Who did you get to map it? What times were you running round Indy? Improvement on that track is hard as it's so tight and gives the right side real grief

A friend runs one for purely track but would like to map his. Also a guy I raced with did his first race there Sunday (Cam Harris) and won it... Not bad for his first race on tarmac
I got CJS racing of Bristol to map it, Chris made massive improvements over the previous guys who mapped it, most notably part throttle

Due to the extra power over last year i was finding it difficult to get a rear suspension setting right to get the power down early which hampered me a little.
I got the times down to 52.6 which is a 3.5 second improvement over last year.

Best result of the weekend was a 4th in newcomers, 14th in sounds of thunder and 17 in 600's

I missed the last 600 race because the starter button packed up, i fudged it for the race before by shorting the starter relay with a spanner to start. But I stalled on the grid in The 600.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

I got CJS racing of Bristol to map it, Chris made massive improvements over the previous guys who mapped it, most notably part throttle

Due to the extra power over last year i was finding it difficult to get a rear suspension setting right to get the power down early which hampered me a little.
I got the times down to 52.6 which is a 3.5 second improvement over last year.

Best result of the weekend was a 4th in newcomers, 14th in sounds of thunder and 17 in 600's

I missed the last 600 race because the starter button packed up, i fudged it for the race before by shorting the starter relay with a spanner to start. But I stalled on the grid in The 600.
All typical of a days racing! Good times too. My mate on the mini twins did a 53.6...which just shows how quick a little 650 twin can go round there!

I'll keep a watch of how you get on this year. I've always enjoyed racing and being involved with it

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm at Oulton park this weekend for a days racing tomorrow (Saturday). Been testing today, it took all morning to get a good setting on the suspension (brands setting way too stiff for oulton) and to sort the gearing. Finished the day 0.9s off my best race time last year. Which is great as I wasn't pushing for time.
Can't wait for to tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
after a promising start to the day beating my best lap of last year by about a second.
Then things started to get a little hairy.
I out braked myself into a couple of corners, ran very wide round cascades onto the grass and through gravel, grabbed a hand full of brakes on the escape road and almost went over the handle bars. I definitely left brown marks round there. After this i decided to take it easy for the rest of the day(around 2.5secs off best) and come home in one piece and regroup for the next round.
I also had some guy almost put me into the pit wall on the last race crossing the line by swerving over the track to keep his place.
All in all a great day, looking forward to the next weekend.

·
Registered
899 Posts
after a promising start to the day beating my best lap of last year by about a second.
Then things started to get a little hairy.
I out braked myself into a couple of corners, ran very wide round cascades onto the grass and through gravel, grabbed a hand full of brakes on the escape road and almost went over the handle bars. I definitely left brown marks round there. After this i decided to take it easy for the rest of the day(around 2.5secs off best) and come home in one piece and regroup for the next round.
I also had some guy almost put me into the pit wall on the last race crossing the line by swerving over the track to keep his place.
All in all a great day, looking forward to the next weekend.
Respect mate, well done on bringing it home safely.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yesterday I done a Jamie whitham track training day at anglesey, had davo johnson as my instructor. Was told I have a aggressive riding style a very quick corner exit, need to improve on the brakes, brake a bit later and not coast. Was told it was hard to find to find the limit without crashing. So with this pearl of wisdom pushed the breaks for a couple of sessions, trying not to coast. Then lost the front on the brakes trapping my little finger under the handle bar, currently? in Bangor hospital waiting for an operation, hopefully able to race donington at the weekend, fingers crossed

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Been a while since my last post, attempted to race at Caldwell couple weeks ago with a pin in little finger.
Had wife adjust my glove to make room for the pin and dressing.
Completed a test day on the Friday with no real problems took a couple of sessions to get used to little finger getting in the way.
Started first race on the Saturday, got knocked off on the start avoiding guy on yellow bike who had a shit start.
Would you believe it, I couldn't, dislocated my right thumb.
End of weekend.

Link to sequence of crash

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=858777507606773&id=487764534708074&set=ms.c.eJxFVtmNxUAI62jFffTf2GoA530iLmM8JOWVGWEZFOX9V2O3jy21domYpGrAVqM2ItG1U~_z5LQL~_fPlRZ6fKs7P5bI~_Xz8ToR9NPUc904ovOrq1PqNc1fnHUm~;zMD08sHjs8vPizkO~_DPwT4aOPRL7a~_o37p9s~_rRzT5Dtt45xX0q~;Er~_Kydzw5fpL96zg7~;4HUCXtl8acxny5d~_~_xn7w587D~;pHTD4X~_vvso7CfWP4K~;EXw9P~;6qS3~;X76~_enL4ivvhlW7YOfOpL74iG9vqbJbZp9Hx29XU2nV6KhIbW5FPoz9n~_FnWZtj58HJ~_~;XTy~_fjr1a8L8qnGbw1bxr79FsngdUI9XXzXP3v3JYx4pfFLnh2jT5a4eWP0Qp8~;h09Df973RPGrP~;Vuf0U5ejKHLYtfgD9p~_9HVW~;0p8rmmXiRsqe13tmy9QD0ZPqXBp0y8NOLZZn4yhz38JB2~;ojbxjvn3PSv2yasv6LnYZz~;67d93~;9B31~;JN4Ntn~;5bY~;~_r5uzedtfs5vBbx~;HifpTX6Yzu~_zB~;~;klqI59dfOxDPG3~;11Mfvd3~;KauPzbOfBQ~;BLT74o8tunX988HsN33P0s43j1zG4~_Vx0~;8LtuPN6Xx~_PDOxC~;elbo2WnzC~;P37Mv85vUa~;Uqe33T5Qryz7Ty3L8vpn~;zhHT9~;fhs~_jMFH~_M7n4IuWr2~_eGPy~;fjzxiXo9fCjmk~_rl8~_6NZ00~_9Ki9~_Br6reHDE~;119Jx4T0ZTj~_9e1N5nx32uXDwGPLn35YvP~_V56OvzBY~_O9ZIyeCXiy1g895d4jxj3IkvXfvOEzX4XDP~;wR~_KuZrxrzJfPWC~_DdesWwdx70i9U7Q~_8x31f59F3sk4~;3XTz~_T~_9Vw6fSzVO2~_Bj4tn~_gf5ms~;~;C~_L~;vrD35bZn8SCttmPtyP4p0H97~_51w98oWPjexSx~_4Jdsfhxn~_tJ~_8Uf3g6a~;kqwp59Df1Wj19CNb5l75HL3aKiX5Ow~_f~;b4bfs3r9719N4831fX~_742v~;8hrbz~;od776LiPLatPOX027~;2im~;8ROfHoJ3MPue8ePv~_rH~;f~;0yqjR6HP7~_O~;70fL~_rHfFhl8oZhX3n3hiptnv~;eO732r5fjts6e~;E~;BqzbyM~_Wn8afAzrZ1fv8m~;99~_kc1~;47l3rfJ~_47h407byJeU0n3wT8yMT3va8Wn35B335zbUK~;3H43D839fz9G2P~;ogcEPpQ4ffvm275nQz~_Z~;2Kk~;~;ejmE~;gYvwl~;8aMvr39IdmpU.bps.a.858776440940213.1073742154.487764534708074&source=49&refid=13

1 - 20 of 20 Posts