MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
I had the chance to buy this bike from Frank back in 2005. In fact I could of had my pick of new in the crate bikes as well as any of his used bikes. As I recall he had one of each new DB1, DB1S, DB1SR, YB4R, SB4, plus used DB1R, DB1SR and that鈥檚 just the Bimotas I can remember.

I knew that Steve Munro and Bar Hodgson had made a deal for all the NOS parts that Frank had. Steve painstakingly went through and catalogued everything and then started to sell the parts through his Loudbike.com on-line store. However, when I asked him about the bikes he would not comment. As I mentioned in the thread; Once upon a time in Canada I tried (unsuccessfully) to contact Frank about the purchase of one his bikes before I put my deposit down on my F3. I guess I now know why he didn鈥檛 get back to me. Oh well, c'est la vie.

(There are a couple photos of the Romanelli collection in the above mentioned thread.)

Registered
Is't it a shame to have stuff like this yet never get to really enjoy it for fear of devaluing it?.....,this is yet another example of ..,'looking after and preserving it for the next guy'.

And now 'the next guy' has it as 'he' inevitably will.

Registered
i dont get this :wtf: why buy something if you are never going to enjoy it? I understand bimotas cost a fortune and youre afraid of the value going down and such but its a motorcycle not the hope diamond! life is too short enjoy what you spend your hard earned money on, how the hell are you going to enjoy a crate???:jerkoff:

Registered
i dont get this :wtf: why buy something if you are never going to enjoy it? I understand bimotas cost a fortune and youre afraid of the value going down and such but its a motorcycle not the hope diamond! life is too short enjoy what you spend your hard earned money on, how the hell are you going to enjoy a crate???:jerkoff:
His money....his choice. People do it every day.

People spend Millions restoring Pebble Beach quality cars only to roll them into and out of their transporters to be displayed at whatever concours......never to be driven.....only to be re-restored 50 years later.

The Barber Museum in Birmingham has dozens of zero mile bikes on display that will never be ridden, but will be enjoyed for the motorcycle art they represent. I'm not complaining that George Barber has invested millions doing just that.

Furthermore, not knowing the owner of that Bimota, how do we not know that he might have dozens of bikes to ride? Clearly money is not an item of question.

For me, I've got absolutely stupid money invested in the restoration of my 1934 Harley. I've ridden it four times for a total of maybe 20 miles in the 18 months it's been finished. It's really no longer a motorcycle to me, it's turned into industrial art.....which is a shame. I'm struggling with the fact that I don't want that amount of money invested in something that's too valuable/fragile to enjoy as a motorcycle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts