MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got off the phone, and am a little blown away by the cost of the 24k service..
Mainly the valve shims, timing chain etc.....

I also have other issues with my bike, return spring, yes I'm slack, but also very busy, and water pump seal (I hope, bike seems to run fine and only drops coolant occasionally..).

So, to keep my bank balance normal..
Any videos or guides to do servicing around?
Oil, air, etc etc Its about time I start to do this myself.

Valves.. whos had issues, and who hasnt?
I'm currently on 25k and it seems to run fine except some over run when in first at lights which may be a ecu issue.

I was hoping to replace chain/front rear sprockets too, but I think that now has to wait.. Need tyres too..

ho hum...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
24k service is about $1200-1500, add $800 for chain and sprockets....

Want me to help you do most of it yourself, bring the bike to my place and we can do the oil+filter, air filter, plugs, coolant, other fluids and CHECK but not adjust the valve clearances. My 910 has never needed the clearances changing, they are in spec every time I check them. We can probably also do the water pump seal at the same time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who did you call mate?
Moto Technica.
Ive done some research and phone calls, I have done a "B" service at my last. Which includes Valves etc.

24k service is about $1200-1500, add $800 for chain and sprockets....

Want me to help you do most of it yourself, bring the bike to my place and we can do the oil+filter, air filter, plugs, coolant, other fluids and CHECK but not adjust the valve clearances. My 910 has never needed the clearances changing, they are in spec every time I check them. We can probably also do the water pump seal at the same time.
Oh god yes. When Where how? I am about to go OS for 3 weeks, but this is a very generous offer, and I appreciate it. I shall be in touch via PM

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If the valves don't need doing the rest is pretty easy :)
I have oil, oil filter and fuel filter if needed. Let me know exactly what was done last time and then we work out what needs doing this time. I'm up Gosford way, about 10 mins from the "Old Road" cafe at Mt White. Just about any Saturday or Sunday assuming I'm not already busy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If the valves don't need doing the rest is pretty easy :)
I have oil, oil filter and fuel filter if needed. Let me know exactly what was done last time and then we work out what needs doing this time. I'm up Gosford way, about 10 mins from the "Old Road" cafe at Mt White. Just about any Saturday or Sunday assuming I'm not already busy.
Nice offer mate. Goodonya!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Do not touch the valves unless you are very experienced and have about 8 hours to spare and maybe 2 days to drill out that cam bolt that just would not budge. they just are crappy bolts all 16 of them.Anyway ,the valves should be fine at that mileage,

cheers eddy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts