MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 24k major service for my 2011 Brutale 1090RR coming up. Anyone used Peter Stevens in the city lately? I live in Geelong so Melbourne is easiest to get to/from. I had heard some bad stories, was wondering how they are now. Other recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Psycho,
They might be a bit far for you to go but Mototecnic in Knoxfield are really good. I've had a few bad experiences with PS over the years and won't use them anymore.

James

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback James, Mototecnic looked after PCV fitting & sent bike to be dynotuned, came back with idle way too low & TPS not reset so it keeps stalling, frustrating & dangerous! Its a bit crazy that owners can't adjust idle speed without getting into the software, my 05 R1 had a knurled, (hi Noel!), knob behind the fairing to adjust idle speed, simple. Not sure who to use at the moment.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hi all, 24k major service for my 2011 Brutale 1090RR coming up. Anyone used Peter Stevens in the city lately? I live in Geelong so Melbourne is easiest to get to/from. I had heard some bad stories, was wondering how they are now. Other recommendations? Thanks!
I would never use them again , had a bad experience with them . They put a rear hugger on my F4 completely loose and I rode off with it . Lucky it didn't jam up and I noticed it at slow speed

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There is mototenic in knoxfield, but is far away from you & me.
Only did my first 1K service. And it so far running ok. But i dont know how well they go doing major service.

Then Brad the Bike Boy, if you are prepare to wait 3/4 months.He is good.Used to work for A1.Works on italian bikes.

Or (which im giving a go)is Moto Meccanica in Nth Coburg.
He services my Duke (so far so good) & i think he just got his approval to service MV's.

Road & River in Geelong used to be the best. Never had a issue & the F4ran smooth/perfect.

Cheers
Dino

:brutale:

·
Vendor
5,279 Posts
Mate,stay away from Peter Stevens unless you want to pay big money for bad service.So many bad experiances that have been posted about them.:jsm:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think I'm convinced, thanks guys. I'll try Mototecnic again. Peter & the guys at Road & River are great but they haven't got the diagnostic gear to service 2010+ MV's unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
There is mototenic in knoxfield, but is far away from you & me.
Only did my first 1K service. And it so far running ok. But i dont know how well they go doing major service.

Then Brad the Bike Boy, if you are prepare to wait 3/4 months.He is good.Used to work for A1.Works on italian bikes.

Or (which im giving a go)is Moto Meccanica in Nth Coburg.
He services my Duke (so far so good) & i think he just got his approval to service MV's.

Road & River in Geelong used to be the best. Never had a issue & the F4ran smooth/perfect.

Yep Brad is good , just went and saw him today with the F4. But you need to book two months in advance.
Moto mecacanica is next door to our factory, will built those factory's . If I was closer would try him also.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
moto mechanica
man i couldn't stop laughing at their website

its the worst thing ive ever seeen

attention to detail in everything in business
if a business cant even have a professional website, (and u can have professional websites built for 300bucks) what does that say about their attention to detail with customers bikes

http://motomeccanica.net.au/

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
If you can, I would highly recommend you do the work yourself...You'll have a much better bond with the bike and save a shed load of money...These Mv bikes are a joy to work on and there is loads of help on here.
Apart from a few torque wrenches basic tools are all that's needed.

Joe

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm fine with all the basic mechanical stuff but need to have the idle, TPS & throttle bodies balanced so might as well have the lot done.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Mick;
look into the VDST tool from TechnoResearch they aren't expensive......certainly not like an Aprilia Axone:wtf::wtf:

go in with your mates on one:drummer:

then you'll need "Carb Sticks" or a digital manometer I prefer the UniSyn I've been using for 50+ years (on 1st gen bikes you must plug the holes in the air horns don't know about 2nd gen)

http://www.mgexp.com/phile/1/111786/UniSyn_tool_parts.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts