MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was exactly one year ago today that Tamburini #211 came home with me. This morning, she sits ready to go with 2,492 miles on the odometer. When I bought it, I went through that brief moment where you think, "I will drain the fluids, and put it on my coffee table for all to admire!"...Thank GOD that notion passed!

This is a wonderful motorcycle. It performs extremely well, and it does hystrical wheelies and stoppies, too! It was meant to be ridden, because it was sold with a key, and air in the tires!!!

As I look at our registry here, unless you other Tambo owners are not updating your mileage, I am killing you! Next closest mileage is 2000Km, which is only about 1,240 miles. Get your helmet, your key, and go do what only 298 (or 9, depending on whether the one that Bike magazine crashed survived) others in this world can do...Go ride the damn thing!

And if yours is still in the crate, more power to you, I guess, I don't have that kind of restraint!!! I intend on getting my money's worth out of this thing, and I calculate that by dividing the cost by the mileage...Uh oh, I gotta go for a ride!

Happy b-day #211, here comes the other side of 2,500 miles...and climbing!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Spaldo! What's going on?

We are headed out into the Southern California sunshine, we are going to go drink a whole bunch of 91 Octane! Be back LATER! Don't wait up!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
twoeleven said:
Hey Spaldo! What's going on?

We are headed out into the Southern California sunshine, we are going to go drink a whole bunch of 91 Octane! Be back LATER! Don't wait up!

Griff
twoeleven
hmmmm
rode almost 400 miles on my new GT yesterday...
the brutale in for its service
having the matris put on
the service folks have flown off to philadelphia for "MV SCHOOL" tomorrow and tuesday
then,
they'll come home and service my bike on wednesday
and maybe......
must maybe....
they'll get the REAL TRUTH on the exhaust bits for my '07

have a great time
but...
you owe us a story when you get home

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dova80 said:
Question what does that "Griff" mean?

nevermind I found out..very nice. So how did you get it on there? Take the plate out? or take the whole bike to someone?
Griff is a short version of my last name, alot of people call me that instead of Larry. I like either, and will answer to each most of time...

Each Tamburini is registered with the factory its original owner, and the engraved gold plate is "included" in the purchase price...So should a new car, BTW. I should have chosen, "I love Strippers", that would have been sweet! I just thought Griff looked better than Larry, sorry ma!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Spalding, Sorry to hear your ear-candy remains "in transit", sounds like you are busy...

Allright, I hit it pretty hard yesterday, with the Tamburini to Crystal Cove and THEN the R1 to Huntington Beach for a company picnic. In each case I was moving at a pretty good clip, both sorties over 120 miles, 240+ miles of sport riding, so I thought I'd cruise her a bit today. Grabbed my Icon jeans over my Fox knee and shins, and my new Alpinestars jacket...I looked like an add out of "Sport Rider" or something, but the stuff is all very well made, and with a set of Dianese Akira boots, it is very comfy cruising gear, suitable for even a heightened pace on the street, if necessary. ahem...

I stopped for a tankful first, then set out south down Old Temescal, a tree lined backroad carving parallel to CA15. It is rough and dirty, and it is all about knowing where the smooth line of pavement is, and choosing that over or not over the preferred line. Velocity usually aids in the decision.

The road was clear, air was cool, sun was shining, and aside from murdering 60 trillion gnats, everything went very smoothly. This rolling two-lane twister allows for lofting the front wheel over small crests of shallow recessions, if you wanted to, I am just saying. As well it is relatively intersection and driveway free, you just need to know where they are.

Stopped at Tom's again, and snapped this Boss Hoss (Tambo in back being lurked), over pancackes and OJ.

Burned some more backroad fuel, then headed home. Working in the garage today, watching Speed Channel.

Beautiful morning, what a ride...I really don't think I need any of my other bikes anymore...How is this thing on a MX track?

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Griff,

Congrats on the yr of fun with 211 :drummer: .

Tam 292=4213miles. I 've had to cut back on riding this season due to other obligations. I am looking forward to 2 full day track sessions next week :moped:

Peter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts