MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to trade in my current MV for the newer F3 Rosso, but the MV website and my dealer are near worthless when it comes to the specs of this bike. I was hoping someone here either owns one already or could help fill in some knowledge gaps.

1. Is the quickshifter up and down?
2. Can the quickshifter be adjusted both mechanically and electronically for GP shift?
3. Is the difference between the Rosso and the RR really just some aero for $8.5k?

·
Registered
496 Posts
1. Yes
2. Dunno, but sure someone else here will do.
3. I think the Rosso models have slightly lower tuned engines so giving up about 25hp to the RR.

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
58 Posts
The F3 Rosso and RR have the same exact power/tune in stock form. You can get the MV race kit for either bike, which has performance exhaust (akrapovic) and the ECU tune to optimize the exhaust. That adds supposedly +8 bhp I believe. The old RC used to come with that race kit (with the SC project exhaust) as I recall, but Im not sure if the RR does, or if you have to buy it.
The major price difference is the bodywork. I think the RR does come with the nicer levers and maybe a few other bits. Someone else may have more exact specific.
I agree its nearly impossible to get 100% accurate information on these things. It was very frustrating when I was ordering mine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes, your right on the power.
My mistake. Seems its only the other rosso models ,(brutale, dragster) that have less than the rr versions.

Does indeed make you question what the extra RR money gets you with f3.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what got me super confused. The MV website at least lists the power and other engine specs as the same, but the price discrepancy is HUGE and there's no way aero costs $8k. Maybe the exhaust is titanium on the RR? That would help cover a lot of the price difference because otherwise some nicer levers and billet parts is $1k at most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts