MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks @Nesca. Do you think I'm slow?:wink2:

I was all over this on 4 November after doing my hourly 'New Blade' searches and posted it on here on 6 November.:grin2: I ordered one with substantial deposit on 19 November after having a very close look at it at our Birmingham motorcycle show. Expected arrival/delivery date is April.:smile2:

.............Nigel - How many sleeps ????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks @Nesca. Do you think I'm slow?:wink2:

I was all over this on 4 November after doing my hourly 'New Blade' searches and posted it on here on 6 November.:grin2: I ordered one with substantial deposit on 19 November after having a very close look at it at our Birmingham motorcycle show. Expected arrival/delivery date is April.:smile2:

No no no no:stopp: I would never try to patronize the master!
I will be getting one also:wink2: And yes April it is.
Are you keeping the SP2 or do you trade in?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
@nigelrb

Nigel what did they tell you about the Daytona 765? Delivery date?
Still said to be March, but nothing definitive. I think that after the Christmas/New Year close downs we should hear of some proper dates. You getting one of those also?:wink2:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Still said to be March, but nothing definitive. I think that after the Christmas/New Year close downs we should hear of some proper dates. You getting one of those also?:wink2:

Not now. Not the limited edition (missed the window, I probably would otherwise).

But I will definitely get any version that follows at some point. I had a 675R in the past and it is one of my favorite bikes.
Do you have any info about the "normal" versions? Availability?
This is why I asked about the delivery of the limited edition.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have regularly asked about the production of a 'normal' Daytona 765, but have been told it won't happen.

However, in my dealings with Triumph, it was also categorically denied that there would be a Daytona Moto 2 rep as forecast in our Motorcycle News of February 2019 - with pics! This was only two weeks prior to the official release announcement.

I say this because I cannot accept that a company would go to the effort of tooling up for the Daytona in 'Limited' form and not be prepared to extend production after accessing sales of the limited model. We know the Moto 2 rep sold within days! Further, the Moto 2 rep has been displayed at EICMA and most recently at our NEC (National Exhibition Centre) motorcycle show. Why - if they're all sold?

Just as Triumph's 'Bobber' was released in very limited initial numbers and then run into full production, I think we shall see the same with the Daytona, but without the carbon, Ohlins and Brembos. I'll keep you posted.

[I did consider sending this as a PM, but decided it might have some public interest}

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have regularly asked about the production of a 'normal' Daytona 765, but have been told it won't happen.

However, in my dealings with Triumph, it was also categorically denied that there would be a Daytona Moto 2 rep as forecast in our Motorcycle News of February 2019 - with pics! This was only two weeks prior to the official release announcement.

I say this because I cannot accept that a company would go to the effort of tooling up for the Daytona in 'Limited' form and not be prepared to extend production after accessing sales of the limited model. We know the Moto 2 rep sold within days! Further, the Moto 2 rep has been displayed at EICMA and most recently at our NEC (National Exhibition Centre) motorcycle show. Why - if they're all sold?

Just as Triumph's 'Bobber' was released in very limited initial numbers and then run into full production, I think we shall see the same with the Daytona, but without the carbon, Ohlins and Brembos. I'll keep you posted.

[I did consider sending this as a PM, but decided it might have some public interest}

I hope you are right about it. Those are my thoughts also.
There was a normal version of 675 and the R with Ohlins, higher spec Brembos e.t.c. I hope they make a 765 R. I don't need the carbon. Just Ohlins and good Brembos.
But I'm afraid of Triumph politics&management.....

What a bike the 675 R was! I was putting elbows down on the street!>:)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts