MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Now some might find it funny on an MV forum, but I'm not a huge MV fan. I feel many people own them because they feel prestige. I own a F4 750 because Tamburini was a genius and made the most beautiful bike ever designed.....twice, being the 916 then the F4. Despite that, out of Eicma a Super Veloce is in my future. Not because it is an MV but because it looks amazing (apart from the dicky bit on the screen, hopefully they ditch that and the silly leather strap on the tank for the production models) and will ride like an F3 800 modern bike.

Now I just need to decide between red and silver or red and black......

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not I Glenno. When I got married I was so poor I waited for someone to break in my house so I could mug them lol . My car is a 2003 Ford Aerostar van I bought used for 3500$ years ago(had only 50k on it and was mint. Will keep till the wheels fall off.

I am well off now but will always be a poor street kid at heart. I had to pay my own way through Collage .Worked hard and took chances most people would not

I have Cancer and STILL cant bring myself to buy a NEW Ducati V4 . I can afford it,pay in cash but I hate to pay the depreciation. Old habits die hard. Last bike I bought was my F4RR 36500 new. I bought 2 years ago for13,000 with 700 only 700 miles.

Bought the Kawasaki H2 new but got 9000 off MSRP.

BTW The new Honda looks to be a great bike but WOW it isn't cheap at 23,000 pounds . Should come in at roughly 28,000 US$.
I would wait a year at least for the bugs to be ironed out on the New CBR1000RR. Especially to make sure the new tech timing chain isn't a weak spot or defective design.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nice looking bike but are they actually keeping the ...RRR...? Honda has announced Captain Jack Sparrow will be racing in WSBK in 2020?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
It's RR-R. Just like the bike, there is finesse in its designation. The hyphen makes it more special than a plain ordinary triple 'R'.:grin2:

I think the good Captain Sparrow might fare better than Leon Haslam, despite their both being handicapped with gummy legs!

As for Bautista, I wonder if he'll clean up the field at first, only to have another mid-season crisis?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Bautista did an AMAZING job those first 11 races. He pulled off a Marquez in WSBK. The new Ducatis midcorner instability had Baustita (and Davies) fighting through EVERY corner. Both wheels where sliding through the corners pivoting. Front sliding more, then rear sliding more, back and forth at full lean angle. Pivot was 2-3 inches, but at full lean angle and at race speed, 2-3 inches is ALOT. I was surprised he didn't crash at every race. Nigel if you recorded a WSBK race look at Bautista/Davies midcorner you will see what I mean. When Bautista signed with Honda his first comments where....I just cant do anything with the bike. I cannot see why no manufacturer has ever been able to sort out a monoque chassis. (As you know Honda failed also with the NR500) The CBR1000RR has a traditional proven twin spar aluminum chassis. It should/will handle well and as long as the CBR1000RR has competitive power Bautista will be giving Rea/ZX10RR a run for his money all year. ALSO don't forget Yamaha, they actually have a power ADVANTAGE this year. BMW has new good rider(forget name lol) and if BMW finds power The S1000RR is the best Handling WSBK on the grid.Will it still be the best handling bike in WSBK with More Power? We shall see, as we have seen in MotoGP big power taxes a chassis and erodes handling. 2020 Should be a hell of a WSBK season

·
Registered
93 Posts
The bike looks good and the horsepower figures are promising. Fireblade Handling with Panigale Horsepower.

The Outgoing SC77 just had an image problem. It was/is far better than its reputation. Yes, it had less HP, but basically all testers rated it as one of the sweetest handlers. But somehow just because of its performance in WSBK people thought the last Blade was bad.

But wat conclusions can one draw from WSBK?! None. The shape and some parts have to conform with the stock bike, the rest is prototype tech mounted. Only real stock near series such as found in Road Racing or Stocksport tell the truth about a bike’s potential.

WSBK just provides an insight how well a professional race team like Provec or DC can build a race bike according to the regulations, nothing more.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
. . .The Outgoing SC77 just had an image problem. It was/is far better than its reputation. . .
Agree, and I own a 2018 model. (as pic)

Part of the image problem is due to Honda's continued 'updates' with not much more than a couple of different paint stripes, particularly relevant between the 2017, 2018, and 2019. Sure, the 2019 had a revised ECU, but nowhere near the development seen on Yamaha's R1 and R1M.

In WSB Honda has been hampered by poor rider selection. Kiyonari was good in his prime, but I think he was contracted as a token Japanese rider. Camier is hot and cold and Takahashi didn't even have a temperature. Granted, the bike did underperform, but Honda did itself no favours. 2020 however, could/should be a totally different story.

On the street, the 2017 - 19 is a sweet bike and can/will do most things a rider can ask of it. I am not overly keen on the trend of bikes becoming smaller and smaller (and the 2020 is smaller again) but I guess we have to live with that unless we jump on to a Harley or Triumph Rocket 3.:surprise:

I am amazed our friend @Glenno has been accused of Honda bias, yet he shows his true colours and as posted, is considering the new Super Veloce.

I too, have been accused of Honda bias, but I won't disappoint - I'll be off to the dealer as soon as prices are announced, supposedly (in UK) this Friday the 15th.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I like everything about the 2020 CBR except I wish it had a more interesting firing order like the Yamaha. If it was a V4 like their motogp bike I would be all over it. Their inline 4 is so blah.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Best looking 1000 out of japan in 14 years, and has the specs to be something special..
Not going to lie, i am watching to see what this SP does in some reviews, although i am sure ti will be a great handler.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Why are we not getting seamless transmissions and counter rotating cranks in our sports bikes yet? Been available in MotoGP for years...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You already have this in your F3..:surprise:
Yet the only big sports bike to have it is the Ducati V4. Neither BMW nor the Yamaha have it in their latest sports bikes and Honda followed suit. I know you lose some topend HP due to the additional shaft, but I would rather have a counter rotating crank.

The Honda does have counter rotating cam shafts though ...

·
Administrator
18,872 Posts
The MV F4 has counter rotating camshafts !!! That's a start.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Okay. I did it. Went to the NEC (UK) bike show today.

Got home, phoned my local dealer and we did a deal on the 2020 Fireblade SP.

A very tight fit ergonomically, and won't suit many over 5'9". But hey, you alkl know I'm Honda through and through - just couldn't help myself.:grin2:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
21 - 40 of 49 Posts