MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HONDA finally decided on an engine configuration and has built a bike that is designed for taking the 2020 WSB title right out of the box, A totally new Very impressive inline 4 with a spec sheet that looks like the blue prints came from a Cosworth engineering team. The Bore and stroke is now the modern short stroke 81X48.5 vs the traditional Sport bike norm of 78X55 which oddly enough is what Kawasaki still uses. (MV F4 went to the modern 81X48.5 in 2011 with the GEN 2 engine. The 2010 F4 is unique being Gen 2 but staying with the traditional 78X55 bore stroke ratio.)
The new engines top end has finger followers for better flow and RPM capabilities, the Con Rods are Forged Titanium with BERYLIUM coating on the small end of con rods ( I have seen Berylium used in vales and valve seats never as Con Rod coating ?) The new CBR1000RR engine has traditional water cooling AND an intricate Oil cooling system using oil jets all over engine in critical areas such as under the piston crowns ect ect. IMHO I really like that HONDA seems to have gone the extra mile to increase cooling capacity/lubrication to go along with the increase to a claimed 215 [email protected],000 RPM and 87 FT LBS at 12,500 (high peak torque RPM) Honda also has new patent pending shorter timing chain design. Good/Bad? who knows at this point ? I didn't see anything in reference to traction control, launch control or the like but I assume its the new norm of 9 levels in each dry/wet conditions .

Styling... Its a Sharp looker in Black. Nice lines,air vents , front/rear end not outrageous but look good.
EXCEPTION.... The Honda flagship RED WITH PATCH OF BLUE WITH SOME SMALL WHITE LINES. UNFORTUNATLY.. The lines of the bikes bodywork do not match the design/lines of the paint scheme AND the paint itself looks to be of poor quality/Chinese Scooter quality LOL. Not glossy, Not flat, its more like SEMI FLAT? To put it nicely, the guy who was in charge of the paint job/styling of the flagship Honda red white and blue Model of the new CBR1000RR should be pushing a broom from now on LOL

Chassis... Traditional Aluminum twin spar type. The old CBR1000RR was a good handling machine so it also should be a good handling machine. The Old CBR1000RR was good but not great but I would bet with all the work Honda has put into the new CBR1000RR you can bet Honda has tweeked the new chassis to as least MATCH or BETTER the Handling of the Old CBR1000RR even with the engine output increased to 215HP.

RACING WSB …..ON paper it looks like The New HONDA CBR1000RR could be not only a contender but a winner of the 2020 WSB title right out of the box. Bautista won the first 11 races on the new POWERFUL Ducati Panigale V4R. But to do so he had to fight the Ducati V4R Monoque chassis through EVERY corner.(BTW DUCATI never sorted the Monoque chassis in the previous model 1199R and HONDA couldn't sort out the handling on there Monoque chassis NR500 when raced in 500cc Grand Prix. So I am Confident that Bautista will find the new Honda CBR1000RR to be a sweeet handing machine compared to the Ducati V4R. Bautista is a very talented rider, so if the new Honda CBR1000RR has at least competitive power next year he very well could take the title away from Rea and Kawasaki.

ALL AND ALL IMHO it seems HONDA has REALLY stepped up to the plate and built a contender for best Literbike/Superbike of the year.

NIGEL...GLENNO GOOD NEWS!! I read in the WALL STREET JOURNAL That the REAL ESTATE Market in the UK is on the rise again so its time to get that 2nd or 3rd Mortgage to purchase the 2020 HONDA CBR1000RR. IT LOOKS TO BE A GOOD CHOISE FOR YOUR STABLE.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
HI NIGEL...… WOW That pic/bike looks MUCH better than the one in MCN? Thank god!! I thought someone at honda styling bought paint from China LOL. The bike in your pic looks to have quality gloss paint. The lines are still off though they do not match the bikes angle lines.

Did you find a good pic of black or any other solid color ? Or different paint scheme?
I was going to post MCN pic but yours is DEFINATELY better.

BTW...CONGRATS....YOU BOUGHT THE 2020 TRIUMPH 765!!!! SWEET BIKE!!! JUST READING REVIEWS. SHOULD BE A 2019 BIKE OF THE YEAR CONTENDER AT LEAST. I AM TOO DAM BIG OR WOULD HAVE ONE (Along with a F3 800 RR). ANY PICS OF THE BEAUTY???

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Looks buffed, in a good way.
Though winglets gotta go!

Im digging that long exhaust. Looks old school.

So nigel...you made an order? ;)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The muffler is so big Honda had to get a rear tire with extra plys lol. Seems all new bikes need a gigantic muffler to pass the new emissions

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
So nigel...you made an order? ;)

NIGEL...GLENNO GOOD NEWS!! I read in the WALL STREET JOURNAL That the REAL ESTATE Market in the UK is on the rise again so its time to get that 2nd or 3rd Mortgage to purchase the 2020 HONDA CBR1000RR. IT LOOKS TO BE A GOOD CHOISE FOR YOUR STABLE.

Ha! Glenno might be offended at that. He's in Australia!

I have been waiting for this and had even toyed with the idea of moving to R1M is the Blade is just a poor rehash of the older bikes. Have emailed Honda UK already, because no price or availability is published. USA expects them in March or June - depending on the source.

Speaking of chassis, bike has a 2-inch longer swing arm which might be a contributor to better handling. Launch control is included.
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles...dium=social&utm_content=2796988841_2796988846

Some good pics of the black one on here:
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/honda-cbr1000rr-r-fireblade/

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
For any UK guys interested, and I know there will be many >:) , this bike will be on show at the NEC.

Will be a press/media release at Qatar from Jan 27 to Feb 3 and the bike will be available from UK dealers in April. No definitive pricing as yet.

How do I know this? Been haunting my dealer:grin2:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Ha! Glenno might be offended at that. He's in Australia!

I have been waiting for this and had even toyed with the idea of moving to R1M is the Blade is just a poor rehash of the older bikes. Have emailed Honda UK already, because no price or availability is published. USA expects them in March or June - depending on the source.

Speaking of chassis, bike has a 2-inch longer swing arm which might be a contributor to better handling. Launch control is included.
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles...dium=social&utm_content=2796988841_2796988846

Some good pics of the black one on here:
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/honda-cbr1000rr-r-fireblade/

YOU!, switching to R1M...of all bikes..............where is this world heading to.........what will become of our children........
We are indeed doomed.

If you come around Barcelona I will arrange for you to ride one, on track.:wink2:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
YOU!, switching to R1M...of all bikes....
If you come around Barcelona I will arrange for you to ride one, on track.:wink2:
Hey, I was getting close, but I am now back in the Honda camp:grin2:. Will be selling my 2004 Blade to create space and top up funds. New Honda not due in UK until April:frown2:.

I haven't yet been to Spain. On my list, but no definite plans. Cheers for the offer though!:wink2:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nigel unless the specs I read where complete bullshit I believe its the real deal. (been feeling lousey =forget where I read specs but you can find I am sure .)
cost is roughly 800,000 but it also is on the rise according to WSJ
Ps Austrailia average home

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Nigel unless the specs I read where complete bullshit I believe its the real deal. (been feeling lousey =forget where I read specs but you can find I am sure .)

All the best to your health mate.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Nigel unless the specs I read where complete bullshit I believe its the real deal.. .
Defo the real deal.

Forecast (but not official) UK cost is:

£16,753 - base model

£23,196 - SP

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you , Doctor should have caught cancer 4 years ago but the the ink tube on CAT scan came off and they told me CAT scans do not need the ink. Bullshit after doctors said was constipation from meds AND dr didn't show up for colonostapy. IF your not on welfare doctors do not want you even if you have Blue cross blue shield ect.

Anyhow sorry last sentence out of alignment this is what this computer does since I bought new.

Just read HASLAM will be second rider on Factory Honda CBR1000RR with Bautista. HASLAM was a real prospect until he badly broke his leg on Suzuki GSXR1000RR WSBK trying to over ride the GSXR1000RR lack of power. Never was the same after big crash/injury.

I have no Bias for/against any manufacturer in racing. Glad to Honda back and looking like a genuine contender for the WSBK title.I would handicap until ALL manufactures where WSBK. When I say this I mean HELPING small manufactures with higher displacement on 10=12 year old lower tech engine designs, NOT hindering/penalizing new high tech designs.

HOPEFULLY ,Dorna will not penalize the Honda CBR1000RR for innovation to make a better product. That IS unfair. NIGEL Make a preemtive strike and write DORNA On the matter LOL.

NIGEL, if you do write letter.( I know it sounds crazy but DORNA has a track record for penalizing innovation) Please include the removal of Kawasaki and Ducati penalties. Both unfair and just piss of manufactures.

Manufacturers actually LIKE competition. In Malasia Honda Yamaha, Suzuki , Ducati where cheering on the Aprilias being competitive .
If Triumph wanted to go into WSBK and said , We want to enter WSBK but our current inline triple needs 1250cc to be competitive the other manufactures would welcome triumph with open arms . Helping older designs to become competitive through displacement is also INEXPENSIVE... MUCH easier to predict effectiveness so it isn't an unfair advantage. Also being inexpensive, PRIVATEER efforts could have a chance at being competitive with a factory team . Look how well displacement handicaping has worked in WSS (MV and Triumph 675 triples) VS Penalizing a manufacturer for designing a new/better engine package through Hindering RPM. Love to hear your opinion .

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nigel bikes cost less in USA when you look at dollar to British Sterling Pound exchange rate.

Nes Thank You, talking/joking with you all makes situation a bit more bearable.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Seems Honda is really stepping up their game with the Fireblade which is really long overdue. Some amazing technology in that bike. I really hope some of this trickles down to the 600 class especially with the release of Aprilia's RS660. Personally I think the 600 class is where it is at for track day punters.

Maybe I'm getting old but I continue to question now the usefulness of more HP on a road bike. I run an 08 R6 on the track in the fast group (and I'm not particularly fast), it makes 110HP at the wheel (dynoed) and I round up 1199s,1299s, R1s etc on a regular basis. If supposed fast riders can't even use that power on a race track what hope do they have on the road? I reckon they are rarely hitting anywhere near that number. I'm not talking about just in the corners, even with all the aids I'm leaving a corner with no aids like most of these guys are stopped on >100 less HP. And I am not even race fast.

On the road riding to work last week on my 2000 F4 750 I could have lost my license 3 times. It is nowhere near as fast as my R6. WTF would I do with a 1000 now?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Glenno, my skills have went to hell but the new 1000s manage the High Horsepower SO well the bikes are better than 95% of the riders. Local race sanctioning bodies used to have Unlimited classes and I rode a 1984 turbocharged Kawasaki GPZ 1100. I was young with good skills then and the Turbo GPZ1100 put out roughly 180hp. IT WAS A BEAST. RIDING IT WAS LIKE FIGHTING A WILD BULL AROUND EVERY CORNER..MY MV F4RR (did RC spec I think?lol) so has roughly 30hp more but could ride rings around turbo GPZ1100.Hell new 1000cc with 180hp would ride rings around turbo GPZ1100. The thin steel double loop frame twisted up/flexed so bad you thought it was made of coat hangers lol

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . Maybe I'm getting old but I continue to question now the usefulness of more HP on a road bike. . .
Nup, not an 'age' thing, Glenno. It's been that way since the power race which came to fore (as I recall) with the early to mid-70s one-upmanship. You'll recall the Falcon GTs and Monaro cubic inch war, and more internationally the Porsche Turbos, and our American friends would boast of the Mustang, Corvette, and Camaro days.

Same with bikes. Ever since the likes of the CB750, Kawasaki's Mach IIIs and Z900s etc we've been on an ever-increasing power hike.

I totally agree that it is unnecessary and too much for the average road rider - and roads themselves - but wow, it is great to have it! I think we relish in the feeling of being able to wind on a throttle, whether it be for a fast overtake, or 'private road' blast (of which there are many world-wide:grin2:) just to experience this phenomenon. I don't discount that this 'power' will also get many into trouble - but that is another issue.

So, to the new Honda. It seems that power remains a marketing tool. Consider how the first words of manufacturers' products read: 'Now making 217 hp' and the like. Comfort and reliability will fall to a distant third paragraph. But yet many fall for it. I won't buy one for its power but for the technology and brand devotion.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts