Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes ditto nigel

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
From a PC screen I dont like the blue.
I think this is a color you need to see in real life with the sun hitting it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Red and silver, you can't all just live in the past.... Time to let go, the pantone guide is full of colour ?

The blue at least reminds me of John Surtees, I'd rather see a blue Surtees bike that yet another 'limited' RC run, or gold Ago or LH44.

But then again I like blue and a huge fan of Surtees.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I'm a sucker for Gulf blue.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Red and silver, you can't all just live in the past.... Time to let go, the pantone guide is full of colour ?
Oooh, I feel a 'cross-border' spat coming on!:wink2:

I don't see my red/silver preference as living in the past, but more as appreciating it and the history it offers. Sure it is good that MV is alive to providing a spectrum of colours, but there is just something about the marque (to me) that says MV and red/silver go hand-in-hand in much the same manner (though not to the same degree) as horrid green and black are synonymous with Kawasaki. :smile2:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Different, but I'm not sure about the F3 blue.
Kinda like the Gulf blue though.
Black & gold, and black & silver SPR's looked great.
The all white F3's & F4's look cool, but not really my style.
RED/SILVER is just Iconic race bike, where Ducati is too much red for me.

One color I'd love to see a manufacturer try is what I like to call "sea foam green"
Bianchi uses it on their bicycles. They call it "celeste", so you could say it's an italian color.

I've thought of painting my Yamaha sea foam, since it has a similar boxy design to this...

Attachments

Reactions: NotThatFast

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oooh, I feel a 'cross-border' spat coming on!:wink2:

I don't see my red/silver preference as living in the past, but more as appreciating it and the history it offers. Sure it is good that MV is alive to providing a spectrum of colours, but there is just something about the marque (to me) that says MV and red/silver go hand-in-hand in much the same manner (though not to the same degree) as horrid green and black are synonymous with Kawasaki. :smile2:
Lol, most manufactures spread their wings a little and provide some variety. Ok they make some hideous combos (all in the eye of the beholder), I'm thinking of the 1990s fireblade in urban tiger, the Yamaha FZR in white, purple and teal, and Suzuki GSXR in black purple and pink.

Seriously though, I think that MV can keep the Red Silver combo, but do a little more with it. Personally I love that I've never yet seen another white F4 on the road. More likely to see an F4 RC than a white F4 in the UK.

More exclusive or just not popular?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I used to make a lot of fun when a friend bought a teal honda scooter back in medical school. All these years later now teal and miami blue is making a comeback.

Not all cars look good in all colors. I think MV and Ferrari have the ability to pull of this blue. It looks different in real life for sure.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looks horrible... so many other options that would POP with this bike, but i guess if you retro and into that rapper saggy baggy pajama shit that was popular for awhile.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Like that?
Ballsy move.
No Stairway!
I think the key with blue paint is to not over saturate. Maybe that's what I liked abut the Gulf F4...
Red has to be a saturation color.

Never cared for Kawi Green or Suzuki Blue.

Ohhh, there was an all-silver F4 that I really liked too.
The F3 might look good in all silver.

Back to the Blue F3, I also didn't like the changes of lines/prefer when the color ends at the edge of the fairing, and keep the graphics minimal...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . Ok they make some hideous combos (all in the eye of the beholder), I'm thinking of the 1990s fireblade in urban tiger . . .
You're probably aware that particular scheme is very sought after now and commands 6 grand plus for a good bike. The scheme was actually re-introduced in 2015 but flopped. History for anyone interested: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...cbr900rr-r-urban-tiger-1994-future-investment

Agree with the black/purple combinations, but as you say: each to their own!:wink2:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
MV had more blue Bikes on offer at EICMA 2018, as on almost every Years EICMA, and in my Opinion is the Sky Blue F3 not really the best looking Bike.
To it I think the Graphics of all the 2019 F3, except the RC, lack a little.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts