MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening elegant people,

A quick update to share two cosmetic changes I did on my Dragster. Some of you based in the US might be interested in one in particular.

The first one: I really like the DRL on the new Dragster and I was disappointed to see that the US version didn't have it. After a little bit of research, I realized that the headlight and the electrical harness was the same between the US and the EUR version. The only difference then was the lack of control switch for the DRL on the US version. I decided to order a EUR version of the right-hand control switch and see if it would work. And I am happy to say that it does work! :grin2:

The second one: I really found the stock turning lights too big. I ordered some Rizoma and put them on last night (why is it always painful to change the turning signals on a bike??). It took me some time and some tweaking to get them on... but it turned out great.

Few pics attached.

I am super happy with the outcome. This face looks even better with a little bit of makeup :x

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice. Did you use the resistors with the Rizoma turn signals?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
Yes, I had to use the resistors. My guess is that if you don’t use LED signals all around the bike, then you have to use them.
I am planning to update the rear set as well, and I am pretty sure I will have to remove the resistors fron the front (Yayyyyy more wiring work).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,756 Posts
It looks nice BUT.....

...not having a headlight always on is illegal in California....

I don't want to see you nabbed for being cool.

1.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, this is illegal. This is the reason why the Dragster is shipped to Cali without the switch.

For those who would be planning to do the same thing, keep in mind that this is not approved.
For those who still want to do the same thing, I think that the DRL is powerful enough to let the cars notice you. It doesn't show on the pics, but trust me, it is very powerful and would be as noticeable as the regular low beam light.
Finally, you can use the switch at any time to go back to the regular light.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good evening elegant people,

A quick update to share two cosmetic changes I did on my Dragster. Some of you based in the US might be interested in one in particular.

The first one: I really like the DRL on the new Dragster and I was disappointed to see that the US version didn't have it. After a little bit of research, I realized that the headlight and the electrical harness was the same between the US and the EUR version. The only difference then was the lack of control switch for the DRL on the US version. I decided to order a EUR version of the right-hand control switch and see if it would work. And I am happy to say that it does work!

The second one: I really found the stock turning lights too big. I ordered some Rizoma and put them on last night (why is it always painful to change the turning signals on a bike??). It took me some time and some tweaking to get them on... but it turned out great.

Few pics attached.

I am super happy with the outcome. This face looks even better with a little bit of makeup

SOOOO PRETTYYYYY ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks great, may I ask where you ended up putting the resistors, I'm doing the same and cant see a good hiding place behind the headlight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello ArnO,
Can you tell us more about the EUR switch?
really want to do the same thing.
rsmarcillo - I ordered my switch off of eBay from a parts shop in Italy. I had to get in contact and ask if they could send a couple pictures because the listing didn't show any angles from the back of the control. It cost me $175🙃 but you may be able to fin a good deal out there.
20200328_202843[1].jpg
20200227_140830[1].jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts