MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey friends.

My current exhaust sound on 19 Dragster 800 RR is not that great to my taste IMHO. so I have decided to do the below cheap Hacks.

Step 1 : "Butterfly" Hack.

I have done "Butterfly" (servo) valve hack on my 16 Aprilia Tuono and loving the sound. planning on doing the same on my Dragster.

FYI: I will keep the servo connected to avoid the dash error, but remove the cables actuating the valve.

Step 2 : KSD Hack (I just named it 😎)
Bypass hack (bypassing that big bulk box before 3 pipes) on the current factory slip-on , need cut open the current factory slip on and re-weld. more time taking process. I will post the pictures once done.

Anyone did these hacks so far? like to hear from you guys before I start doing and documenting them.

·
Super Moderator
23,725 Posts
Those aren’t “hacks”, those are “modifications”.
You might try search...
Yeah, I’m a “Boomer”.

·
Registered
2014 Dragster 800
3 Posts
I've found this guy on YouTube
who has replaced the triple pipe slip on with a straight pipe (cat still maintained) on his 2014 F3. It sounds the business and he doesn't seem to think it has impacted on the bikes performance in an obviously negative way. This is on the older generation bike though and there could be a difference with the later models given they have the Euro4 compliant cats in play. There's bound to be someone else on here with far more knowledge than I to guide you in the right direction. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Click on the link Step3:eugenekek Hack
Registered · From Malaysia
Gutted his stock exhaust.

Here Yurp exhaust noise is severely monitored and this is inviting unwanted attention from our vindictive smurfs.
Perfect. Same I would like to do it with Dragster 800 RR. And remove unnecessary bottom can. And connect the pipe coming from headers to 3 pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Butterfly" Hack Completed today, Moderate sound increase. nice pop sounds on deceleration.

exhaust Servo motor (sorry for blurry), in background the butterfly valve.

Valve (right after bulged cat pipe) closeup, in Fully Open Position. I need to put some wire to keep it open (just for safer side, the existing spring will keep it open always though)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts