MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had time over last week to fit my full bodis exhaust system on the 2018 MV F4. Installation was a breeze I have never had such a easy install on a full system throughout all the years of my bikes props to bodis for such a killer system props to evolution IT and design corse for the parts hook up to USA.

The ECU was underneath the gas tank and frame and was not easy to change you have to be very careful but being a master Tech of all makes and models of cars and semis I was able to remove it easily but I can see this being a major problem for a non mechanical guy.

The bike runs absolutely flawless with the ECU provided from MV Augusta. After it warms up I do have a slight erratic idle...not a high idle just very light erratic idle, which I will be plugging in to my Texa for further adjustments and reset on my TPS.

If anybody here has any information on what I should do with the texa or if there is a idle adjustment or tps reset please chime in. I have owned a texa for years and that's what I fix diesel trucks and diesel boats with I just ordered the motorcycle software and cable kit so I can use my own computer the bike.

I had to do a small fabrication to the lower radiator bracket to clear the number 4 header on the right side. Other than that, installation was a absolute pleasure.

I know I'm probably missing a bunch of details if anybody has any questions I will be more than happy to answer!!

Richard

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,808 Posts
There should be a TPS reset in your Texa software and I will wager this is the source of your erratic idle.....anytime you install a new ECU the TPS value must be registered before the bike will run properly.

MVs are easy to work on !!! So unlike Hondas and some others that were never designed to be worked on !!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be a TPS reset in your Texa software and I will wager this is the source of your erratic idle.....anytime you install a new ECU the TPS value must be registered before the bike will run properly.

MVs are easy to work on !!! So unlike Hondas and some others that were never designed to be worked on !!:rolleyes:

Am I able to take the entire exhaust cable system Box off with out throwing a code?

Thank you for your knowledge 💯😎

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks awesome! probably sounds like a beast now

btw where did you get ahold of your texa tool ? i saw a few guys having it on their laptop

kinda hard to obtain it
I've had many bikes but none have sounded like this! I am extremely happy with the sound with the baffles in. The decel burble is to die for.. , I just can't get off of it! the throttle response is seamless and exhaust is so crisp

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks awesome! probably sounds like a beast now

btw where did you get ahold of your texa tool ? i saw a few guys having it on their laptop

kinda hard to obtain it

Diesel laptops in SC. They can take care of you

·
Administrator
18,808 Posts
Am I able to take the entire exhaust cable system Box off with out throwing a code?

Thank you for your knowledge ����
I don't believe so. You need to get a "Servo Buddy" from Healtech (or someone) to fool the ECU into thinking the exhaust valve system is there and working.

The very first bikes with the valve (2010~11?) just turn on a small warning light, but later bikes will throw a dash fault code. Some models you can just remove the cables...but the actuator needs to be there.

At least that's the way I understand it.

·
Vendor
5,148 Posts
My experience with the full Bodis system and race ECU was the CO level had to be adjusted and that was it,ran sweet after that.
But my bike is a 2009 1078,hopefully your model bike only needs the same adjustment.:wink2:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I used to have a 2011 F4 with full bodis. Awesome exhaust and the sound is incredible! All I had to do to eliminate the error was to disconnect the cables at the exhaust valve.
Now I have a 2016 F4rr with a QD exhaust and for quite a while just disconnecting the cable worked fine. Then for whatever reason the limits for the exhaust valve servo were lost and the servo was pulling so hard on the cables that it eventually damaged the servo and the error came back. I tried the a healtech exhaust valve eliminator but could never get it to work. Seems they are hit or miss. I ended up going with ECU Studio and no more error.

So from my experience, if you are looking to not spend much money then disconnecting the cables is the simplest way to go...as long as you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK guys here's an update the texa cable was going to take too long to get from diesel laptops I'm still getting it but I'm waiting for it... I took the bike to MV dealer yesterday it had no rear brake and they needed to bleed the brake under warranty anyway while the bike was there I had them reset the TPS

Unfortunately the bike still has a erratic idle the mechanic in Tampa Florida which seems to be very knowledgeable told me the throttle bodies may need to be synced. But he told me to drive it and it should get better but that doesn't make any sense if it needs to learn the idle maybe it needs to idle but then he told me it will overheat if I let it idle lol

What are your guys' thoughts on this it? I have spent so much money I do want it to be correct

Mitchy, Did you bike have a erratic idle before u adjusted the CO?

Do I have to put ECU studio on this race computer or is it tunable?

I don't think the bike needs to be tuned it runs absolutely perfect and the mechanic at the dealer thought so as well! it's just the idle guys it's just the idle

Any thoughts or information will be much appreciated

·
Registered
803 Posts
I would not be surprised if the fueling is off at idle the full bodis is quite different to a standard exhaust or the SC with stock headers etc. As far as tuning goes, I'd still check it on the Dyno, the MV tune is not perfect and not specifically for the bodis and the air filter etc that you have, it's probably a safe tune, but worth checking.

Is your tune for the f4, f4RR or f4RC? The rev limits are different.

With ECU studio you can flash the ECU, and that gives you control over just about any parameter you want, from fuel, ignition, blipper, fan switch on and of course removal of the exhaust valve. It's what I run.

The healtechs are hut and miss with the F4, a quick search on here will show you that.

If you PM me your email address I can send over the latest user guide for v4 of the software, I think I have a link for a video of flashing too.

Cheers

·
Registered
803 Posts
I assume you have the Eldor race ECU or is it the mectronik do you know or have a pic?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I assume you have the Eldor race ECU or is it the mectronik do you know or have a pic?

Eldor race it is, is there a fuel trim setting on eldor race? I also spoke to another seasoned MV tech and he told me to sync throttle bodies (wich is extremely easy with gauges and a carburetor screwdriver right from both sides of the bike) and to possibly fatten up the idle. Hopefully the throttle body sync will do the trick but im ready to fight it till its fixed lol

PM sent! And thank you! I heard ecu studio was excellent. will it work w eldor race? Hopefully there are a few setting inside eldor?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ok so the Eldor Race is a standard Eldor ECU with a Race ROM in it. That basically means that with the appropriate software e.g ECU Studio you can tune all of the maps / tables, in fact a lot of 'race' ECU's sold are standard Eldor units Flashed with the Pro Version of ECU Studio using the latest Race ROM from them.

The body sync is never a bad thing, it might work or might not, but should always be better sync'd than not.

There is no idle table as such, there is an Idle target which is just RPM, then there is are the Fuel tables etc and importantly the trim tables for Cylinders 2, 3 & 4. These can make a big difference if done well. When you bought your ECU did they way what ROM was in it ? e.g 0156FY39 or anything with K/W/X or Y in it?

I'll send you the user guide, anything you need to know just shout.

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you so much!

I have attached a picture of the computer you can see the part numbers. the part number with the tape near the connectors is the part number from design corse and MV
Basically its 2018 quick shift open exhaust

I like the studio looks nice! I hope the throttle body sync fixes it because my bike does run very nice I would hate to have to mess with all the settings again 😎😎

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,148 Posts
OK guys here's an update the texa cable was going to take too long to get from diesel laptops I'm still getting it but I'm waiting for it... I took the bike to MV dealer yesterday it had no rear brake and they needed to bleed the brake under warranty anyway while the bike was there I had them reset the TPS

Unfortunately the bike still has a erratic idle the mechanic in Tampa Florida which seems to be very knowledgeable told me the throttle bodies may need to be synced. But he told me to drive it and it should get better but that doesn't make any sense if it needs to learn the idle maybe it needs to idle but then he told me it will overheat if I let it idle lol

What are your guys' thoughts on this it? I have spent so much money I do want it to be correct

Mitchy, Did you bike have a erratic idle before u adjusted the CO?

Do I have to put ECU studio on this race computer or is it tunable?

I don't think the bike needs to be tuned it runs absolutely perfect and the mechanic at the dealer thought so as well! it's just the idle guys it's just the idle

Any thoughts or information will be much appreciated

Yes,idle was terrible,kept stalling and I could smell excess fuel.
As soon as the Co was adjusted the bike ran perfect and has ever since.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so the Eldor Race is a standard Eldor ECU with a Race ROM in it. That basically means that with the appropriate software e.g ECU Studio you can tune all of the maps / tables, in fact a lot of 'race' ECU's sold are standard Eldor units Flashed with the Pro Version of ECU Studio using the latest Race ROM from them.

The body sync is never a bad thing, it might work or might not, but should always be better sync'd than not.

There is no idle table as such, there is an Idle target which is just RPM, then there is are the Fuel tables etc and importantly the trim tables for Cylinders 2, 3 & 4. These can make a big difference if done well. When you bought your ECU did they way what ROM was in it ? e.g 0156FY39 or anything with K/W/X or Y in it?

I'll send you the user guide, anything you need to know just shout.

Cheers
Hi, Happy new year!

I have recieved the ECU studio! Very excited to use it! And fix this idle! Hopefully in the next week or so I can hook it up and spend some time with it. I will definitely be in touch about it. Thanks again!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts