MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a place to list what track days your going to be doing this year.
So if we're booking similar dates we can get to meet up and make the event that bit more interesting and get to know people in person.

Put dates and organizer to make it easier for others to track down.

For me

Cartegena 19,20,21,22 of Jan Booked with NL

Brno 26,27,28 of June Booked with NL

Slovak Ring 1,2,3 of September Booked with NL

Will also be booking Snetterton around end April/May
And Oulton July/August

Then one last Euro end of October/November

Warren

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snet booked for the 5th & 6th of June. Theres an evening event on the Monday as well and Tuesdays an open pit lane. All 3 for £254,,,,,,,,,bargain, can't wait.

I'm not too happy having to put the standard can on but only option if I want to get on track.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Booked the 5 day event at Almeria with FE.
10th-14th November.
After 3 days in Brno I know I'll not be fit enough to do 5 days in a row. So decided that I'm going to ride a session and sit out the next throughout the day over the 5.
Bonus is I'll save on fuel and tyres as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Booked 2017 :-

Donni with NL July 14

Slovakia Ring NL Sep 1,2,3 Sept
Hi @Spud, cool I'll see you in September then.
It's a very fast track by all accounts and more undulating than you can see from video's.
What hotel did you choose ? What you riding ?
Myself and mates have gone for the nearest which apparently is a 6 mins walk. :grin2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
@TheGodfather when have you been to Brno? I was there from Wednesday June 28th to Sunday July 2nd.
you weren't by chance there with No Limits were you?
Yes I was @Nephalem. WE didn't leave the track till about 7pm as we stayed for a few in the bar. We saw loads of German vans outside waiting to get in and thought you were in for some crap weather, how was it ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
4 days of wind, clouds and sunshine, only a few spits of rain on Sunday - so perfect weather! Not as hot as it was on Wednesday!
It was my first time there and I ended up with a 2:22.7 on the last day on my F3 800 :)

We were the Germans that arrived on Wednesday morning and set up our tents in the corner at the end of the pit lane (opposing box 27 I think it was)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
4 days of wind, clouds and sunshine, only a few spits of rain on Sunday - so perfect weather! Not as hot as it was on Wednesday!
It was my first time there and I ended up with a 2:22.7 on the last day on my F3 800 :)

We were the Germans that arrived on Wednesday morning and set up our tents in the corner at the end of the pit lane (opposing box 27 I think it was)
You should have had a look around and said Hi.

Second time there for me. Last year I was on a ZX10r and did 2:28 but got a 2:24 on the MV this time so very happy with that.

I posted a vid of a session if you haven't seen it. Let me know where I can make 2 seconds to keep up with you haha.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/31-track/216378-f3-800-track-brno.html

I'm getting good drive out of corners but just think it's lacking in it's top end. I need to get more out of if some how.

Who do you use for track day's, is it possible I could book with them ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
you should run Racechrono on Android to get a better look at where you can save time ;)
What sprocket sizes were you running? Stock?
Tires?

Just by watching the video (awful sound though!): you are wasting space at the corner exit and you seem to be quite soft on the break and a little early while being late on the throttle on the exit. Also your line might need some improvement... too tight on the insight and too wide on some exits

Also you might want to consider getting the blipper up and running on the F3, makes things a lot easier :D

we were driving the whole night and I was just wasted on Wednesday, didn't have the time to check on you guys there. We booked the event with a German organizer on short notice (ringtraining.de) but you should be able to book there as well. If you need help just ping me and we'll figure it out :) it's a busy year for me so this was the first track day in total. Probably I will go to Hockenheim (GP) August 27th (Sunday) and we still have one spot left for all groups if you want to join. It's a Michelin Test day with instruction if needed

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
you should run Racechrono on Android to get a better look at where you can save time ;)
What sprocket sizes were you running? Stock?
Tires?

Just by watching the video (awful sound though!): you are wasting space at the corner exit and you seem to be quite soft on the break and a little early while being late on the throttle on the exit. Also your line might need some improvement... too tight on the insight and too wide on some exits

Also you might want to consider getting the blipper up and running on the F3, makes things a lot easier :D

we were driving the whole night and I was just wasted on Wednesday, didn't have the time to check on you guys there. We booked the event with a German organizer on short notice (ringtraining.de) but you should be able to book there as well. If you need help just ping me and we'll figure it out :) it's a busy year for me so this was the first track day in total. Probably I will go to Hockenheim (GP) August 27th (Sunday) and we still have one spot left for all groups if you want to join. It's a Michelin Test day with instruction if needed
I'm running -1 on the front and thinking of trying stock. I bought the bike with -1f and +3 rear which made it really slow down the straights.

I know I'm too early on the brakes, but I have nothing left in the front forks, I'm bottoming right out so not confident in braking really hard and late.
Fork internals are top of the list.
Love the blipper, I rode my mates R1 which has it, very intoxicating :grin2:

My bike will be getting shipped out to Slovakia around the 27th so will have to sit that one out.
I'll look ringtraining up and see whats available next year. Cheers

·
Registered
396 Posts
stock was too long for Brno, I never even reached the 6th gear and topped out at 233 km/h on start/finish and 230 on the straight right after

changing the front internals was the first thing I did, there was never a setup to be confident about, now with the bitubo internals I couldn't be happier!

Maybe next year then, since Hockenheim is quite close (100km) I'll be there more often, possibly on short notice as well

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi @Spud, cool I'll see you in September then.
It's a very fast track by all accounts and more undulating than you can see from video's.
What hotel did you choose ? What you riding ?
Myself and mates have gone for the nearest which apparently is a 6 mins walk. :grin2:
Yep there 8 of u sgoing, mixed bunch..
Staying in the Ring Hotel..

Will be on my 2008 312R just had new pistons/rinsg etc as was smoking on the overrun, all sweet now though.

Just fitted a EVR slipper clutch as mine was slipping all over the place due to knackered springs, and shake down test yesterday at Donni.
All went well apart from now i have a dead dashboard , started lighting up like a xmas tree on last session with rev counter going beserk, engine was running fine though..

Just checked power supply from conenctor to dash and all looks fine - so much be the dash

So i have 6 weeks to fix that , else i'll be taking the panni ;-)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts