MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I got the stock exhaust with the bike and as is typical of stock exhaust it feels like a boat anchor. A lot of saved weight

·
Registered
449 Posts
I got the stock exhaust with the bike and as is typical of stock exhaust it feels like a boat anchor. A lot of saved weight
Yeah they are very heavy. Someone should open one up and make a good sounding version...redirecting the pipes and removing wieght. Maybe then they wouldn't be a throwaway item.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Quick review of the bike and it's ride.

Definitely not a 1078 and very different from the BMW S1000XR. S1000XR is bigger heavier and faster. Can't compare the handling since I have only ridden the TVL a few miles. It is very nimble feeling. Power delivery is smooth and there is a surge of power at around 8000rpm that really surprised me. The quickshifter works very well.

The sound of the triple is disappointing when you are used to the Gen 1 F4.

Overall it seems it will be a fun bike. A long trip will help determine how it works as a tourer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does that new screen stop the wind noise better than the original screen?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Does that new screen stop the wind noise better than the original screen?
As per my own experience, it is slightly better than the original one. It is even better with a deflector on top of it. That being said, my own experience shows as well that the noise is largely impacted by the shape of the helmet: with a Shoei GT-Air, I can't ride without earplugs to reduce the noise. I changed my GT-Air by a Shoei NXR, and I can ride without the earplugs, as the noise is lower than with the GT-Air in similar riding condition with the Puig screen (and without deflector).

Reactions: bonio and kevjayney

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was out on a demo ride, the bike had original screen, it was quite windy that day as well. I had ear plugs in and was wearing a Arai helmet which are quite noisy anyway, so it's good to hear that a helmet change and screen makes some difference.

It's probably the biggest factor that I've not bought the bike yet as the wind noise and buffeting has effected my decision.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was out on a demo ride, the bike had original screen, it was quite windy that day as well. I had ear plugs in and was wearing a Arai helmet which are quite noisy anyway, so it's good to hear that a helmet change and screen makes some difference.

It's probably the biggest factor that I've not bought the bike yet as the wind noise and buffeting has effected my decision.
This thread might be worth a read - has improved the buffeting (in my case at least) massively

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's interesting reading, looks like different results for different sizes of screens,people and depending on type of helmet as well seems to make an odds.

·
Registered
934 Posts
That's interesting reading, looks like different results for different sizes of screens,people and depending on type of helmet as well seems to make an odds.
I definitely believe having a shorter screen than the original may be worth considering for noise: while riding my Ducati Monster or my wife's Street Triple, the GT Air was close to perfect in terms of noise (I did not rode them with the NXR, but I suspect the situation might be different). The GT-Air was profiled, which is perfect when your helmet is in the air flow. On the TV, the driver head is not in the air flow but in a cavitation zone, and depending of the size of the screen, the level of cavitation is higher or lower, but definitely, an non profiled helmet may help...

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks. Took it out yesterday for a 75 mile ride and found the new screen to be good at reducing wind buffeting so the extra height seems to work well. Wind noise is about the same but hell I can't hear anyway. At least that what my wife says :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks. Took it out yesterday for a 75 mile ride and found the new screen to be good at reducing wind buffeting so the extra height seems to work well. Wind noise is about the same but hell I can't hear anyway. At least that what my wife says :D
Its selective hearing! bahahaha that's what I call it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts

It put me off too until I tried better ear plugs, but they made a big difference.
I'm looking at changing my helmet too; when I do, I'll try to get something quieter than my GT Air.

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got a couple more parts today. Front 520 sprocket, R&G radiator guard, rear axle nuts and socket for the nuts

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
latest additions to the bike.

520 3D chain and sprockets
new cush drive and carrier
black axle nuts
R&G radiator guard

I looked on the web for R&G and the USA companies were selling a cheap looking piece of screen with the R&G label. This came from the UK and is a very good quality piece

20201017_094407_resized.jpg
20201017_094335_resized.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
What make is cush drive?
Thinking of swapping mine as noticed free play already (changed rubbers barely 500mi ago)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts