MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,
So I recently purchased an F3 800 with 2k miles and recently put 2k miles of my own. I usually try to inspect the bike before I ride out since I could easily put 150+ miles on weekly Sunday ride (was in a rush this morning so I forgot to check). I noticed black substance leaking from the left side above the kick stand when I came back from the ride. At first I thought it was just oil or gunk, but it was sticky when it cooled off. I know the motor runs hot so I thought maybe it melted some tape. Now I'm not so sure what it could be I was wondering if someone here could help. It's due for its 6k service so I'll definitely be taking it in to the dealer just thought I'd ask here first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, just looked on another thread (which I probably should have done first) and someone else said the same thing. I'll give it a good wash before I take it to the shop. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Chain Lube.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you taken off the front sprocket cover and checked for build-up? Could be from that

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I haven't. I figured I'd have to remove the quick shifter to get it off and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to put it back without messing something up. I'll definitely do that when I have a bit more time. Thanks for the input I think that just might be what I need to do. I'm just glad it wasn't something more serious. On another note, I noticed CNC has some vented sprocket covers. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts