MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 F3 576 RC. Looking to make the bike a little louder and throatier, while keeping the stock exhaust system in place (not opposed to aftermarket qd, fm, or zero) but I want to keep the bike as stock as possible... I had heard of removing the DB killer, but will that cause malfunctions in other areas of the bike? Any recommendations on achieving a sportier sound is appreciated! thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
De-cat the stock headers since they are pretty good. For silencer I would use the SC Project high mount system since it is a RC to make it look more like the WSS bike.
Get a nice air filter too :)
Always good to flash ECU after changing exhaust or intake.

2017 F3 576 RC. Looking to make the bike a little louder and throatier, while keeping the stock exhaust system in place (not opposed to aftermarket qd, fm, or zero) but I want to keep the bike as stock as possible... I had heard of removing the DB killer, but will that cause malfunctions in other areas of the bike? Any recommendations on achieving a sportier sound is appreciated! thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Id seriously recommend to do a ECU flash after u did something to the exhaust whatsoever.
Seems like these engines are sensitive to changes. Lots of valve drops with slip-ons (*and no ecu flash).

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a Zero exhaust on my 675 sounds amazing and looks basically stock

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the SC Project S1 on my 2017 Brutale 800 with the SC AFD, an add on little black box which you specify the model that it is for, and it just wires in and gives perfect fuelling out of the box. Mine will now pull 4th gear at 30 mph where as I used to have to use 2nd. Especially useful in town as the SC is unbelievably loud. Like 112 db at 6000 rpm! I fitted a db killer and it is now down by 8db but still loud. It's the sweetest sound that I have ever heard, especially on the overrun when it pops and bangs like a race bike.

·
Super Moderator
22,494 Posts
Id seriously recommend to do a ECU flash after u did something to the exhaust whatsoever.
Seems like these engines are sensitive to changes. Lots of valve drops with slip-ons (*and no ecu flash).
These things are not related. It is a valve guide issue. The first thing most people do is mod their exhaust...ergo: Dropped valves exist on bikes with modded exhausts. Again, exhaust modification has zero to do with dropped valves.:banghead:

·
Registered
376 Posts
What @silentservice703 said...it's the valve guides and not anything to do with exhaust system. I had dropped valve with stock exhaust.

These things are not related. It is a valve guide issue. The first thing most people do is mod their exhaust...ergo: Dropped valves exist on bikes with modded exhausts. Again, exhaust modification has zero to do with dropped valves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts