MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my first taste of MV Augusta TV ownership.
Tried to remove the passenger seat to hook up battery tender and the seat is stuck.
I followed the instructions per booklet, turned the key CCW while pressing down on the end of passenger seat and it comes off just partially it seems like there is a latch or something that's still stuck and holding the seat from coming off completely.
I pushed the passenger seat back in and it goes back in with a click and seats firmly.
To try and loosen a stuck latch etc. I banged/punched the passenger seat and repeated the procedure without any luck.
The seat comes off the first lock but a latch or something prevents it from taking it off the bike.
I tried to wiggle it and there is no way.
I tried to repeat the process few times in hopes the stuck latch might come off but no luck so far.

If any of you know how to fix this issue like remove a panel or something and tug on the cable or anything I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you very much.

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
Reading through the shop manual, it appears the seat must be lifted at the rear and then slid forward to release the front catch.

1.JPG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@silentservice703 you are a life saver thank you so much. I still did struggle, going to grease the notch and the plate that pushes out.

Please don't mind me asking but is it possible for you to share a copy of that shop manual ?

Thank you again.

P.S I see you are in MA, I used to ride with some guys from Boston. Part of Boston sportbike riders on meetup.com
PPS. I see your cell number may I text you there ?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sometimes the lock needs adjustment. If it remains difficult to unlock:

Remove the rear seat, then :
1. grease the seat pin and the lock
2. loosen a bit the seat lock, this will allow to adjust it
3. put the seat on and put it off
4. tighten the seat lock

The problem should be solved.

·
Wing Nut
21,285 Posts
It works.....just select "Direct Download" from the options and then save it on your computer. You do NOT need to sign in.

Reactions: silentservice703
1 - 8 of 8 Posts