MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys i recently bought a Turismo Veloce and noticed on my way home the cruise control and QS does not work at all.
I have tried to set the QS state off in the menu with no luck.
I have tried riding in 6th gear and trying at various speeds to activate cruise.
I see the clutch sensor has been disconnected and they have changed to a normal microswitch on the clutch lever and i get a perfect NO signal an closed when lever is pulled.
I see my QS is the 2 wire one and my Dragster rr has the 3 wire one so i cant swop out the sensors.
Although testing it QS sensor according to the workshop manual it works perfectly.

So all in all the clutch sensor sends the signal and the QS sensor sends the signal but still no luck.

No errors on dash

But i do get a vibration that goes away as soon as i pull the clutch lever.
It is more noticeable under load at low speeds.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have a 2016 TVL as well, I didn't even know it had cruise control... I never use the quick shifter, I am almost sure that it only works up and down in sport mode, it should work for up shifts in the touring and sport modes, not sure about rain mode.
Did you buy this bike used?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2016 TVL as well, I didn't even know it had cruise control... I never use the quick shifter, I am almost sure that it only works up and down in sport mode, it should work for up shifts in the touring and sport modes, not sure about rain mode.
Did you buy this bike used?
Yeah i bought it used.
Yes you are correct in saying it works up and down in sport and only up on touring.

The other models work the same.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yeah i bought it used.
Yes you are correct in saying it works up and down in sport and only up on touring.

The other models work the same.
I bought mine used as well and the previous owners did some modifications, but in reality made changes that effected the performance in a negative way. I have tried to bring my TVL back to stock, I had issues with the clutch and changed out a couple of components. If possible you should try and find out what the previous owner did, and why. From there you would know what issues the bike had, if any and undo any their attempted fixes and start with a clean slate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought mine used as well and the previous owners did some modifications, but in reality made changes that effected the performance in a negative way. I have tried to bring my TVL back to stock, I had issues with the clutch and changed out a couple of components. If possible you should try and find out what the previous owner did, and why. From there you would know what issues the bike had, if any and undo any their attempted fixes and start with a clean slate.
Yeah i have spoken to him and he just left it stock.
It was a 60 year old guy and he only used it for trips with his daughter.

He said whatever was done on the bike was done by the agents.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Quick shifter works up and down in touring mode I have never tried rain mode, however the MV quick shifter has known water ingress problems where it stops working in down mode. A faulty clutch switch I believe stops the quick shifter and cruise control from working altogether.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick shifter works up and down in touring mode I have never tried rain mode, however the MV quick shifter has known water ingress problems where it stops working in down mode. A faulty clutch switch I believe stops the quick shifter and cruise control from working altogether.
I have tested the clutch sensor and it is perfect

·
Registered
151 Posts
You said the quick shifter is a two wire type, the Turismo is definitely fitted with a 3 wire type. There must have been some other changes. The workshop manuals are available in the maintenance section of the forum.

·
Registered
985 Posts
@Nicknr111 are you up to date on all your recalls? If you have not been to the dealer since you purchases the bike it's worth making an appointment so they can perform any recall/campaigns your bike may need.

Excessive vibration could be your clutch bushings. MV has an update for them and could solve your issue. It's free if the service hadn't been performed before. And even if it has been changed there is a case to be made that the replacement parts are not functioning as intended and they will most likely replace them again for free.

Your QS is not Rider Mode specific. It needs to function up/down in all modes... Unless you enter Custom mode and you manually turn it off that's the only exception.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You said the quick shifter is a two wire type, the Turismo is definitely fitted with a 3 wire type. There must have been some other changes. The workshop manuals are available in the maintenance section of the forum.
I have used the workshop manual for all my checks.
Are you sure the Turismo used the V2 QS sensor with 3 wires?
My dragtser has the V2 and i can always swop it out to test

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts
The wiring diagram says it is:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Nicknr111 are you up to date on all your recalls? If you have not been to the dealer since you purchases the bike it's worth making an appointment so they can perform any recall/campaigns your bike may need.

Excessive vibration could be your clutch bushings. MV has an update for them and could solve your issue. It's free if the service hadn't been performed before. And even if it has been changed there is a case to be made that the replacement parts are not functioning as intended and they will most likely replace them again for free.

Your QS is not Rider Mode specific. It needs to function up/down in all modes... Unless you enter Custom mode and you manually turn it off that's the only exception.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk
Will definitely contact the dealer tomorrow to get more info on recalls etc

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't help at all with the technical fixes but from a riding enjoyment perspective, the quick shifter makes a huge difference. Some features (such as cruise control) are not especially important but, in my humble opinion, you should definitely make sure that the quickshifter is working properly. The TV is the only bike I have ridden with this function and I would never go back to riding without it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have used the workshop manual for all my checks.
Are you sure the Turismo used the V2 QS sensor with 3 wires?
My dragtser has the V2 and i can always swop it out to test
Definitely, I swapped mine out for a HM quickshifter and needed the 3 wire version for the downshift to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys i recently bought a Turismo Veloce and noticed on my way home the cruise control and QS does not work at all.
I have tried to set the QS state off in the menu with no luck.
I have tried riding in 6th gear and trying at various speeds to activate cruise.
I see the clutch sensor has been disconnected and they have changed to a normal microswitch on the clutch lever and i get a perfect NO signal an closed when lever is pulled.
I see my QS is the 2 wire one and my Dragster rr has the 3 wire one so i cant swop out the sensors.
Although testing it QS sensor according to the workshop manual it works perfectly.

So all in all the clutch sensor sends the signal and the QS sensor sends the signal but still no luck.

No errors on dash

But i do get a vibration that goes away as soon as i pull the clutch lever.
It is more noticeable under load at low speeds.

Any help will be appreciated.
QS seems like common problem, dealer just changed mine after only 2k kms, along with rear indicators, fork seals, complete dashboard cause clock didn’t work, would be better made in China!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I don't know how much money MV shells out each year on warranty claims, but it most certainly must eat a big chunk of their bottom line. If they spent that money upfront on higher quality components, it would be money well spent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a word with our local agents.
I have a recall waiting on some ECU reprogramming, thats it.
The tech also advised that i check my rear wheel speed pick up which is working fine.
I have swopped my QS sensor over from my dragtser rr so im gonna test it over the weekend and see what she does.
Hopefully it just wanted the EAS V2 and someone swopped it to a V1 for some unknown reason and this is causing all my issues.
Because everything tests perfect with my meter

1 - 20 of 35 Posts