MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1617 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not seen officially written somewhere.
But from workers in the factory.
MV production stalled, only three people in the offices!

AMG, bank and Castiglioni are in a fight over finances.
They need about 25 million Euro for debts to continue.
Bank will do about 5 mi.
If AMG needs to invest more than 10 mi they want 51% of the shares

I wonder if Giovanni or AMG accept other foreign funds or........?

So can MV ssp/sbk finish this just started season?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I too have heard of finance being a problem, the sum £20 million is similar to your source mentioning 25 million euro. I was told AMG are reluctant to invest further, so the future looks a bit bleak to say the least. Giovanni may well need to step back and accept an investor who has a different plan.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Probably it will solve again. Always did in the past. Only AMG is not an easy investor.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well, just watched the conclusion of the Selfridge Oxford Street store history.....and when he couldnt pay
his debts, the investors ousted the owner Harry Selfridge, paid off his debts and the store continued trading,
that was many years ago. Wonder if Messrs Castiglioni will get the boot too ? Is MV on the stock market

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well
thats something i didnt want to hear.
Payed my deposit for 1 of the last batch of the F3 800 RC and was hoping to get end of April 2016
Better go find something to kick

·
Registered
10 Posts
My worst fears have been answered, god damn it.... This is not what i need, looks like it'll be many more months before i get my bike,
Does anyone have any ideas as to when production will re-start?
At this rate i'll have to find something else!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This couldn't have happened at a worse time. Anyone think this will hinder or completely destroy any chances of MV revamping the F4 platform for next year?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

"With the sales in some countries reaching record increases of up to 140 per cent, as it was the case in the UK."

Wonder if that was actual sales or just new dealers buying stock? Some of which I hear massively over ordered and couldn't pay for them and they have been returned to MV?

I certainly haven't seen anymore MV's on the roads or at local meets (which I'm kind of selfishly happy about) :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I heard exactly that mate, one of the dealers spilled to me that the area manager was duplicting orders for the uk dealers and they became over stocked, if you check evay theres dealers with spanking new mv f3 my 14 and my15, and theyre sub 10k

I have had my order on the f3 rc since december and the dealer hasnt got a real clue as to when it is coming, i think this is why

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Gee kind of what I've been saying for the last year. Nobody wants $30k bikes that aren't the best in the world. Beauty alone CANNOT sell bikes in this day and age. Why on earth would I spend $30k on an F4RR when I could have anything else that will mimic its performance for $10k less.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Gee kind of what I've been saying for the last year. Nobody wants $30k bikes that aren't the best in the world. Beauty alone CANNOT sell bikes in this day and age. Why on earth would I spend $30k on an F4RR when I could have anything else that will mimic its performance for $10k less.

For some people it's because everyone else has bought a $20k bike that's the very reason they don't want one.

And that theory goes across the whole of MV's range. Yamaha make a very capable 800cc triple in the MT09 by all accounts but have you seen the thing! I've built more attractive bikes with Lego :D

If you expect MV to compete with the Japanese on price then they have failed. It just isn't possible. But then that's not why people buy them, in the same way people buy Ferrari's rather than Nissan Skylines?

In truth for the vast majority of us $10k - $20k of the technology that goes into new bikes now is wasted on our ability to ride them? We could go just as fast on a 10yr old superbike.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
From what I was told the 25million € was needed to pay suppliers and just keep the wheels turning. Development of the new 4 cyl models (F7 ect) is a small part of running the factory, paying staff and paying suppliers.

The problem currently is the supply chain is on stop, and it's never easy trying to restart that and get all the component parts needed to build bikes on a small site. Once your relationship with a supplier turns bad there is the risk they will not be so easy to live with down the line.

Castiglione has but a very short time to pull something off, but I reckon he will, the brand will continue, but Giovanni may not have a controlling interest at the end of the day.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Righ then guys,
so with all your years of experience with owning and dealing with MV.
What do you think mine and dipsta2000 chances are of getting our F3 RCs.
Considering its supposed to be a limited run of 350 bikes.

Please be nice

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Righ then guys,
so with all your years of experience with owning and dealing with MV.
What do you think mine and dipsta2000 chances are of getting our F3 RCs.
Considering its supposed to be a limited run of 350 bikes.

Please be nice
You will get it. Maybe just with a slight delay.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
For some people it's because everyone else has bought a $20k bike that's the very reason they don't want one.

And that theory goes across the whole of MV's range. Yamaha make a very capable 800cc triple in the MT09 by all accounts but have you seen the thing! I've built more attractive bikes with Lego :D

If you expect MV to compete with the Japanese on price then they have failed. It just isn't possible. But then that's not why people buy them, in the same way people buy Ferrari's rather than Nissan Skylines?

In truth for the vast majority of us $10k - $20k of the technology that goes into new bikes now is wasted on our ability to ride them? We could go just as fast on a 10yr old superbike.
We really need to stop comparing MV to Ferrari in my opinion. Ferrari makes beautiful vehicles that also perform at a world beating level... and they make shit tons of money! Every model they come out with is usually the best thing on 4 wheels right? MV is allowed to charge whatever they want for their bikes. But they need to back it up with results that destroy all others. I don't know why I seem to be alone in the fact that I think AMG ownership would elevate the brand to the next level and make them flourish...instead of looking like the broke teenagers of the motorcycle world. Look at Ducati under Audi ownership. They've never been so good.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Maybe we should stop comparing anyway. As far as I can see that's the only thing you are doing.

1 - 20 of 1617 Posts