MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WSBK - Leon Camier (Confirmed)

WSS- Jules Cluzel and Lorenzo Zanetti (Confirmed)

The current rumors are that the Italian outfit running the EBR team this year has signed on to run the official MV team next year. All development will still be done by the MV race depepartment at the factory with Brian Gillen remaining in charge. The current rumor is that Ten Kate will not be running in WSS next year and Zanetti is bringing Pata sponsership with him to MV.

An Italian brand run by and Italian team with and Italian rider and sponsor seems like a dream for MV.

That being said, I don't believe Zanetti is a consistent enough rider to win a championship. I predict that Cluzel will win the WSS chamionship for MV next year then move to SBK with MV in 2016 with an all new F4 with a similar design philosophy to the F3.

Can't wait for next season to get started! Its going to be a long winter!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for all that info, man. I hope you´re right. Sounds right.
I´m proud of being an MV owner. That´s what it´s all about.
Cheers
Ed

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
For the second F4....Leon Haslam (strong rumour)
Oh shit no, please not :thewife: what are they thinking :wtf: crikey no :bawling: why .............? :loser:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Rate Haslam higher than Corti, could be an Ok development rider - don't expect much in terms of championship though.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Rate Haslam higher than Corti, could be an Ok development rider - don't expect much in terms of championship though.
Not meaning to offend you mate, but I don't think Haslam can develop shit, he couldn't get his head around the MBW electronics and Melandri killed him, he was no better with the early Honda electronics, and even worse with the later stuff. Sorry mate, MV does not need him in my opinion.

I don't think Camier will be joining them anytime soon?
View attachment 186593
That's a pretty gut wrenching read, but nailed pretty much everything many others in the know have said.
Nice to read Leon's positive views on the people trying to make it work back at the factory.
I'd love to see MV as successful in WSBK's, but they have a few years ahead of them, it took them almost two years to sort the gearbox problem on the F3 race bike.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Not meaning to offend you mate, but I don't think Haslam can develop shit, he couldn't get his head around the MBW electronics and Melandri killed him, he was no better with the early Honda electronics, and even worse with the later stuff. Sorry mate, MV does not need him in my opinion.
I agree, now i'm hardly in a position to criticise but I think a lot of the opportunities he's had have been off the back of the old man's name? He can ride a hell of a lot better than me but he's not world class but then if he was lets face it he wouldn't be contemplating riding for MV either?

MV could do a lot worse but could they attract anyone better? I think they need to run two bikes, one really good has been who can help develop the bike and a youngster maybe? Question is though is the platform too old to develop or does the forthcoming F4 SBK along with AMG's electronics support have what it takes? Also will rule changes coming into WSBK work in their favour?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Nice find Ackers,

Leon was harsh with the ''old" comment. The MV is newer than the GSXR and CBR and even the R1.

I wonder why he would say that the chassis is even softer than the standard bike (or rather why is it softer)?

Maybe they should have tried De Puniet :popcorn:

(if he wasn't at Suzuki)

·
Registered
179 Posts
personally i'd just love to see 2 factory MV's in WSBK, best thing they could do if they want to build a new competitive bike and very good to see them taking there time and not realesing a very rushed bike like the current F4rr.... better to get all the info they can over the next year, see what this host of new bikes just released can do, and try build something truely wild to take them all on... cause how good would it be to see MV fighting for wins in WSBK

i'm not sure about everyone else but i think the coming year in WSBK will be unreal, ducati and yamaha both with new bikes trying to get to the top, and first impressions and past bikes would sugest the new R1 will be right up the front, and with ducati's new bike and progress over the last year, i think it sets up a cracking fight

·
Registered
305 Posts
I agree, now i'm hardly in a position to criticise but I think a lot of the opportunities he's had have been off the back of the old man's name? He can ride a hell of a lot better than me but he's not world class but then if he was lets face it he wouldn't be contemplating riding for MV either?

MV could do a lot worse but could they attract anyone better? I think they need to run two bikes, one really good has been who can help develop the bike and a youngster maybe? Question is though is the platform too old to develop or does the forthcoming F4 SBK along with AMG's electronics support have what it takes? Also will rule changes coming into WSBK work in their favour?
Faccani from stock supersport?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
This are great news and I imagine that Leon knows what he want the F4 to be.
He felt the potential in Laguna Seca and MV seams to listen to him.
With the new F4RR I guess the bike and Leon have a great chance to impress next season.
Go MV, Go Leon !!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
personally i'd just love to see 2 factory MV's in WSBK, best thing they could do if they want to build a new competitive bike and very good to see them taking there time and not realesing a very rushed bike like the current F4rr.... better to get all the info they can over the next year, see what this host of new bikes just released can do, and try build something truely wild to take them all on... cause how good would it be to see MV fighting for wins in WSBK

i'm not sure about everyone else but i think the coming year in WSBK will be unreal, ducati and yamaha both with new bikes trying to get to the top, and first impressions and past bikes would sugest the new R1 will be right up the front, and with ducati's new bike and progress over the last year, i think it sets up a cracking fight
Don´t forget the Kawa H2R- it will mess around with the other new bikes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts