MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I traded my 800 Brutale last year and am thinking about getting a 2015 Rivale. I note the tank has been enlarged on the 15s. Also, is the cam tensioner change for 2015 on ALL 800s or just the Brutales.

My brute was an early one and the fueling was always a bit lumpy, have they improved it on the newer 800 engines?

Chris
PS for the first time in probably 15 years I've been without a motorcycle!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I rode a late 14 rivale about a month ago and it was perfect. Literally everything that was wrong fueling wise with my brutale was sorted. Was still a little touchy on small throttle openings but I blame my right hand for that one.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I don't think the Rivale suffered any of the problems the older Brutales did. In fact when it was released MV issued a full firmware upgrade that was on the Rivale onto the older Brutales. Mine is a 2013 model and the feeling was sorted after the Rivale firmware was installed.

As for the cam chain tensioner I don't know. I know it's fitted to the Brutale and Dragster RR's but that has a different engine to the standard engines and Rivales? Does the 15 models get the hydraulic clutch as well like the Stradale?

Welcome back by the way :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! I guess I had it in my head the dragster/RR motor was same 800.
Thanks for the welcome back Ackers!

I don't think the Rivale suffered any of the problems the older Brutales did. In fact when it was released MV issued a full firmware upgrade that was on the Rivale onto the older Brutales. Mine is a 2013 model and the feeling was sorted after the Rivale firmware was installed.

As for the cam chain tensioner I don't know. I know it's fitted to the Brutale and Dragster RR's but that has a different engine to the standard engines and Rivales? Does the 15 models get the hydraulic clutch as well like the Stradale?

Welcome back by the way :)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
As far as I know the Rivale/Brutale/Dragster share the same engine. Then the RR Brutale's and Dragster's share the F3 engine (6 injectors etc).

As for 2015's range i'm not sure if the standard models get the hydraulic cam chain tensioner of the RR's?

Judging by the pictures on MV's site only the Stradale and TV have a hydraulic clutch at the moment.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No I looked at specs for the rivale 2014 vs. 15 and it definitely lists a bigger capacity on the 15. 1/2 to 3/4 gallon more. Also, someone who's been looking at the 14s mentioned the dealer would replace with the bigger tank. That extra 3/4 gal. would come in handy as range is pretty bad on the rivale

2015 states 4.23 US gal.
2014 states 3.4 US gal

·
Registered
445 Posts
The dealer claims that the new tanks are here in the states. Just waiting for the part number and the price.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No I looked at specs for the rivale 2014 vs. 15 and it definitely lists a bigger capacity on the 15. 1/2 to 3/4 gallon more. Also, someone who's been looking at the 14s mentioned the dealer would replace with the bigger tank. That extra 3/4 gal. would come in handy as range is pretty bad on the rivale

2015 states 4.23 US gal.
2014 states 3.4 US gal
I think that's great news.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Chris, if you're in 6th gear and pull the clutch in and it stalls the throttles aren't synced. I hope they fixed this. Mine has never been right. I did have the new ignition map put in last year and it still does it but only when you reach highway speed. Its fine within city driving. I have a 14 and looks like the 15's do have a bigger tank and are a thousand bucks cheaper list price.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info!

Chris, if you're in 6th gear and pull the clutch in and it stalls the throttles aren't synced. I hope they fixed this. Mine has never been right. I did have the new ignition map put in last year and it still does it but only when you reach highway speed. Its fine within city driving. I have a 14 and looks like the 15's do have a bigger tank and are a thousand bucks cheaper list price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts