MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased and F4 RR 2015 model and was under the impression that the RR models came with EAS 2.0 and had both QS and auto blip activated but my bike doesn’t have the rod style shifter and it is only QS up. Spoke to my MV dealer and he informed me that the only option they offer are these: EB MV Store - MV Agusta Corse Racing Rearsets Kit

Is this the case? I was really under the impression that such an expensive flagship bike would have up and down as stock but it doesn’t and now it looks like I’ll have to fork out and extra $2000aud to get these fitted.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congratulations on your F4RR, it's a mighty machine.
I am not sure you should trust your dealer! Where are you based?
The bike should be ready to go, but in a lot of cases, I have heard that the QD and blipper need to be activated - they are not running when you pick up the bike straight off the showroom. You need to look into installing ECU Studio, which make all functionality work amazingly. Look up for ECU Studio here and you will get an idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what you’re saying is that the stock rearsets and this style shifter should have the up and down QS functionality?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have set a couple of bikes up with the stick starlane sensor for blipper and QS. It's ok but problematic and nit the most reliable, but it can be done.

Most common is aftermarket rearsets as you were told or pptuning etc with a f3 or cordona sensor.

Personally on my bike i have rge f3 sensor and rom via ecustudio.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the reply. The only option my MV Dealer has given me is the set I mentioned in the link? I don’t really want it fitted by anyone other than MV and my options aren’t that great here in Australia. Apparently we have no ECU studio authorised dealer in Sydney either. Would you say cordona is my best bet? Do I need new rearsets for that system?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Anything other than the starlane requires new rearsets. There are other ring based sensors, but I've never tried them.

You can flash the bike yourself. Its easy although daunting the first time. And to answer the obvious question, no you cannot brick the ECU. The bootloader is not overwritten, so it can always be booted back up and be reloaded.

If you go for an F3 sensor and rear sets, i can talk you through it. I have some settings you could try for the standard sensor, but it might take a while to set up.

·
Super Moderator
22,721 Posts
Ok, I know I am getting older by the minute, but where is the sensor and wire for the QS in that picture?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No me too, i think i can see the thick black sensor ring and assumed (might be dangerous) that the wire is angled back and away from us?

·
Super Moderator
22,721 Posts
Ah, yes....seems inadequate...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With aftermarket rearsets and the rod style QS from the F3 (EAS 2.0), is it just a straight swap of hardware or does the software need to be updated as well? Only reason I ask is because I just sold my F3 800 and I loved the QS on it and would prefer to have the same on the F4 RR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For example, say I purchase this sensor off a 2014 F3 and Bonamici sets, could it be done with just an unlock of the down blipper from ECUstudio?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
In essence yes.
Fit the rearsets, plug the new sensor in.
Load the new ROM from ECU Studio
Enable the Blipper, check the shift direction.

Done.:giggle:

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the rod style shifter a straight fit though? Bolts line up and all?
Called my mechanic to ask if he can do it all for me. He said he’s worried about the software not working and the MV ecu throwing out an error code? Is the software pretty straightforward?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi, its easy to use if you want just the simple blipper, i can show you if you like?

If you use an f3 sensor, you will need new rearsets and you or your mechanic will need to put the shift sensor into the shift rod. You can buy different lengths to suit, or cut the existing ones depending on what rearsets you have.

I can post some pics of 2 of mine if that helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes please! You’re a legend. Really don’t want to pay another $2500aud (called MV today and asked for the exact quote for the rearsets, sensor and blipper licence).
Really just need some options for a good pair of rearsets that aren’t too expensive and preferably that come with the shift rod or a compatible shift rod to the recommended rearsets and sensor. Really just want a plug and play type of experience. Happy to do the work myself.
Exchanged some emails with Aaron from ECUstudio and he’s very informative. The whole process looks fairly simple. He even said that if I’m on the forums to trust answers from you.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Lol, trust me...

I've done a few MV's. There a more and more of us on here too.

I'm away for the day, I'll send you some pics and links to various rearsets that will work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers mate, I would really appreciate that. Your help is phenomenal

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found shift rod with sensor attached from a 2018 Brutale RC on eBay. Will it fit directly on or do I need a new link rod? Attached photos

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will need a new shift rod. No MV shift rod will fit the F4 as the distances are wrong. You will need to cut or purchase a rod to suit your rearsets

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You will need a new shift rod. No MV shift rod will fit the F4 as the distances are wrong. You will need to cut or purchase a rod to suit your rearsets
Did some research and came across the supplier I bought my rear stand from. He has various link rod sizes. If I was using bonamici rearsets for example, would you know which size I would need? Here’s the links for both the link rods and rearsets.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts