MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 2015 model year will be the 4th model year for Europe (and some others) and the 3rd year for North America. The 2014 models got a slipper clutch added as standard and ABS as an option. I would at least like to see the 675 get some upgrades to keep pace with the D675 and also to keep moving forward in WSS. What would you like to see added or changed for 2015?

F3 675:

1. Really would love to see a 675R or 675RR with upgraded suspension, brakes, and steering damper.

If no R/RR model

2. Brembo monobloc's. At least the M4's but preferably the M50's.
3. New colors
4. Steering Damper

F3 800:

1. Steering damper
2. New colors

I doubt we will get any of this but one can hope. I am really hoping for a 675R/RR at some point and I will be the first in line grab one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1. Reliability.
2. Better build quality.
3. Reliable dealer & factory back up.

The above are far more important than any add ons or different colour schemes & all of the above have seriously hurt MV sales & been suffered by mates 675.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1. Reliability.
2. Better build quality.

The above are far more important than any add ons or different colour schemes & all of the above have seriously hurt MV sales & been suffered by mates 675.
+1 for that too.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
1. Reliability.
2. Better build quality.
Well said mate. :yo: For more customers, in more locations.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Traction control light on the dashboard
Shift light that can be set like i want (street triple like)
Analog rpm clock (like the big brutales and f4)
Aprillia aprc like setting switches not this crappy unusefull rubberbuttonshit

Then the f3/b3 is awesome....

·
Registered
249 Posts
1. Reliability.
2. Better build quality.

+2

a full colour TFT dash and a steering damper

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. Reliability.
2. Better build quality.

And they seem to be making great strides toward those goals. Check some of the other forum sections on how. In the mean time should they just stop making product? Making the current product better can surely go hand in hand with what you are saying they should do.

By the way, my dealer has been excellent. Wait time on parts is a little longer than I would like but getting better all the time. Its pretty evident what MV's challenges are by doing a little research. If you want 1000 dealerships and motorcycles that run like washing machines go buy a Honda. If you go purchase a motorcycle from a manufacturer like MV you should know what to expect with a little due diligence. I knew from research that MV had a challenge on there hands with the 3 cylinder line. First year model, electronics not only new to MV but new the the ECU manufacturer, and a bike built to a price point. It has surely been an adventure but I expected as much.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
With that said;

A steering damper is really easy to get. I would rather get my own Ohlins damper rather than paying MV to put on a cheaper damper which I would have to replace to Ohlins anyway. The slipper clutch they put on the new F3s is a good idea (I put one on my 2012 and its great). If they put the Ohlins as standard then great.

Looking forward to their next generation RBW and fueling though.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
it would be good to see better build quality. Since owning mine ive put 4000 miles on it. The front left indicator doesnt work, the rear number plate light doesnt work and i've lost 3 fairing bolts. There is missing paint on few of the trickier places to paint (inside the front and rear air ducts). This shouldnt really happen, but its all part and parcel of having a hand made bike i guess, although my 2006 F4 suffered from none of these issues.

A steering damper is a must, but agree with what has been said, i'd rather get my own then pay MV for a cheaper version.

Also agree with the rubber covered buttons to change settings. With a glove on, they arent the easiest to locate.

Even with all the above, it doesnt put me off buying another one, i love them. Its a small factory in Italy, and thats how i would like it to stay. If i wanted a bike that doesnt have all the above quirks, i'd buy Japanese. Unfortunately, there arent any japanese bikes that turn me on.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I talked to Ferracci the other day about it. He said basically what we're saying here as far as the damper goes. The only reason they didn't include one is to keep costs down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up my new F3 800 ABS, 2 weeks ago from MV Agusta London. Beautiful black and white.
I love it (I also have an F4 750) - I don't know why but I spend ages just looking at her in the garage, especially while the weather is so pants in Essex and I can't get out on it!
I can only agree with most people here, I am happy as it is.
Already the rear brake cylinder fell off, luckily I had the right size bolt. When you own an MV you collect parts and bits when you see them, right?
Does that upset me - NO!
Would I buy another if I had the money - oh yes

·
Registered
372 Posts
They don't use any loctite , too expensive for them!!! They use some italian pasta glue !!!

In my wish list I put thicker rotors(5.5mm) for tracking, shorter master brake pump (brembo 19-18mm radial arm) with short two fingers folding lever, another rear brake pump(easier to purge ), another double separate front brake lines (not the one jump above the wheel -crazy to purge); pyrometers on the sides of the tires (why there is no an option anywhere?) a must, but the bling-bling riders are so many, it's not a visible colored gadget !!:jerkoff:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts