632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I'm not a fan of BMW, Brian ;) .

This is what they made out of that what you showed us:

What I really love on these Aprilias is that incredible sound they make. And the really working electronics. If you really push hard it is of high importance. I really hated the "traction control" of my 1090RR that never worked.
I had an high sider with my bike and luckily could stay on the street...
My crash on the track is another story :bawling:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yes Jochen..,that BMW you showed is really 'Tame' compared to the 'Concept' above it!. I don't like this at all!!.

Regarding the Aprilia Tuono...,I am sure they are a really great bike however I just find them a little ugly especially the front fairing...lights etc.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK Brian,

MV is Motorcycle Art and Aprilia is a motorcycle ;) .

Nothing can compete with MV in matter of look, Design etc. for sure.

I have to decide what bike I'll be on next season:

- 2014 RSV4 with higher bars (prices are incredibly down)
- 2015 Tuono
- 2015 Brutale 800 RR

I did testride a Dragster last Friday and did not like it very much. The rear tire did have a different radius in curves and the 125 hp engine did not seem powerfull to me. OK, my 1090 RR was dynoed 180 hp and so I'm somewhat spoilt. But the feeling that you bike can shoot you into the orbit is unforgettable:f4:.

The Dragster also is not stable in curves when pushing hard - not my thing so.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Get a Brutale 1078rr...like mine!!!......it is like a bare back ride on a wild bull. And just as angry!:)

Or what about one of those new 'Superdukes' or BMW s1000r Nakeds?
Having said that ..., I much prefer the look of the Tuono!.

Jochen .., what about a Brutale 800 Italia? ...,looks really nice!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was lookin at the Tuono then saw the maintenance schedule and didn't fancy doing the valves every 4000 miles or 80 miles to a tankfull of petrol. Lovely looking bike and you would have lots of time to look at it every time you pulled in to a petrol station.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I was lookin at the Tuono then saw the maintenance schedule and didn't fancy doing the valves every 4000 miles or 80 miles to a tankfull of petrol. Lovely looking bike and you would have lots of time to look at it every time you pulled in to a petrol station.
Jeez I thought MV was bad :laughing: The Tuono's not really a naked though is it, more like a sports bike with risers and flat bars, its the only naked I know that the headlight isn't connected to the forks? Its got more faring than most sports bikes nowadays

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jeez I thought MV was bad :laughing: The Tuono's not really a naked though is it, more like a sports bike with risers and flat bars, its the only naked I know that the headlight isn't connected to the forks? Its got more faring than most sports bikes nowadays
Like you say it's a faired naked.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The Mk1 Yamaha Fazer 1000 I had was like that (the fairing didn't turn with the forks) and I must admit I found it a little strange to get used to with a 'naked' bike.

Great bike though:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Brian,

I did go for a 2014 RSV4 at an very good price.

Sorry for MV - but they are far behind for a really working electronic device.

On a RSV4 all electronics work perfectly - on my 2013 RR nothing worked :eek:.

After my crash on the track I thought back on my way of riding.....
I know how hard the surface is and how abrasive :naughty:.

I ordered a Gimoto suite in kanguroo leather in Italy, made to fit:
http://www.gimoto.com/en

Wanted to buy a 800 RR Brutale - then did a test ride on a Dragster.
NOT FOR ME! Far too nervous, nothing for track days. No feeling for the front tire.

4 cylinders are back min 5 years of development.

Sorry for MV enthusiasts
Jochen

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's very strange. The servicing schedule in the owner's manual I'm looking at says that the valves are to be checked and adjusted at 12,400 miles and again at 24,800 miles. There's no mention of any servicing at 4000 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts