MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a very difficult time seeing/reading any of the warning lights on the long rectangular panel on my Rivale.
I thought maybe there is a dark tinted protective film on there from the factory that is removable -- but I cannot see any evidence of tab to peel it off. I can barely see it at night and during the day--forget about it. I am always forgetting to shut off my turn signals and feel like a total heel once I realize I have traveled 4 miles with my G.D, turn signal on!!!

Looking to confirm if this is normal for the Rivale

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
That should not be normal for any dash on any MV model.

I believe there should be instructions in the USER manual that you should have gotten with the Rivale to show how to change CONTRAST and BRIGHTNESS of the dashboard display.

I don't have this model bike, and I can't find a reference to use to check.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe that he is having problems reading the warning lights not the dash display. The warning lights are quite small and not particularly bright, especially in bright sunlight. There is no option to increase the brightness. I regularly forget to cancel my indicators and have considered fitting a warning buzzer but I doubt I would hear it over the glorious sound of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Is the dash very different from a Brutale dash?

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Now I can see the issue...it looks like poor alignment of the illumination through the dash graphics.

·
Registered
433 Posts
...it looks like poor alignment of the illumination through the dash graphics.
Yes but no.

Unless you are the hunchback Quasimodo, or a crayfish, you don't drive the Rivale with the eyes straight above the dash.
For average built people the parallax to the graphics and the LED is good.

Riding at night or with no sun, the dash lights are OK.
But in daylight the lip around the dash is not high enough to block the sunlight.

Hence tilting the dash somewhat more vertical fixes it cheap.
More or less...:wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts