MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the 2014 F4RR supposed to come with the auto blip, anti wheelie,and launch control. I thought the 2013's had it and my 2014 does not have it . Just wondering any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
661 Posts
There were some features that were mentioned somewhere including auto downshift, but those notes seemed to have disappeared. Not sure if they advertised it on the MV site. Moot point now. I don't intend on attempting auto downshift, I'll just clutch it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Was the 2014 F4RR supposed to come with the auto blip, anti wheelie,and launch control. I thought the 2013's had it and my 2014 does not have it . Just wondering any help would be appreciated
1. On my last trip down to MotoForza (early April) they had released a new "flash" for the ECU. Before that (my 2013) wouldn't even "up" shift properly. Also; at the time of the last flash I was told ElDor was still working on the "auto-blip" and it should be available w/ the next ECU flash (when ever that is?).

2. If I set my traction control to #2 it will allow the front wheel to come up about a foot in 1st-3rd but, only for about two seconds. When I turn TC off it will literally flip itself backwards in 1st & 2nd gear! So, I think TC is where you will find your "anti-wheelie"!?!
Hope the helps? -Davis

·
Registered
661 Posts
It would be nice to have ECU options for the 13/14 model, even if only the optional module spoken of on the MV site, would help make this F4 future proof for the rest of this year in terms of features. Otherwise, flagships from others appear to have more value in their electronics.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It would be nice to have ECU options for the 13/14 model, even if only the optional module spoken of on the MV site, would help make this F4 future proof for the rest of this year in terms of features. Otherwise, flagships from others appear to have more value in their electronics.
Hopefully if MV stays w/ the ElDor there will be enough bikes produced that aftermarket companies will fill the need for such a unit.

I know I could sure use one; my bike now w/ Bodis full system runs horribly lean. :cross:

·
Registered
661 Posts
That listing have been on their website for some time now. Is it actually available?

·
Registered
947 Posts
When I talked to my dealer about it he said it is available to order. I am not yet willing to spend $2200 for it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The part that I find compelling is the "software for PC". At least I'd be able to get in to it and change the map #'s to my personal taste. It might not be as good as dyno map but, it would be nice to at least get the "lean" spots out of my current map.

It was lean w/ the stock exhaust but, w/ the Bodis F/S it is horribly lean: so bad that when you want to slow the pace a bit and up-shift a gear (or two) it will actually start to "buck" at a constant throttle. It's not just annoying, I'm sure it can't be good for the motor -> long term !?!
2k is a lot of money but, it might be worth it. . -Davis

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dd you ever got your bike to stop what you said it's doing ? That is apart of my problem that bucking .
My bike is 2014, I see this thread is a lil old.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Dd you ever got your bike to stop what you said it's doing ? That is apart of my problem that bucking .
My bike is 2014, I see this thread is a lil old.
?Are you running w/ a stock exhaust or aftermarket A.I.-

To address your question:
Not yet; I'm working w/ Justin at Bazzaz to get my bike to them so they can tune an aftermarket (piggy-back) ECU but, no firm date yet. They have (and can only work on) 3 bikes right now so, I'm just in a waiting pattern right now. I'll email him again next week to see if any progress !?! -Davis

·
Registered
661 Posts
If that factory ecu upgrade is available then what is the hardware setting that it is compatible with to optimize? Does it optimize the base bike or are other mods required? I've got the corse exhaust with stock cat and valve. Would this big ticket item improve power and drivability on this? I am happy with the included electronics already so wondering what the improvements would be outside of the features included.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts