MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so while my bike is at the dealer, i was guessing i should just change the oil and get it serviced, while it gets repaired. My friends have jap bikes and are telling me to put royal purple in it. I was like hmm let ask the fellas at the forum instead. What do you guys think is the best oil and filter for a 2014 F3 800 with only about 2800 miles on it. Also I'm in the US if that means anything lol.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If it s at the dealer they'll probably use eni/ agip. There's a few threads about this just do a quick search. There are some good alternative ones that are the same viscosity as recommended in your manual, which varies by region.

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
Royal Purple is not a good choice.
AMSOil
Mobile One
ENI

Whatever you choose, use a quality full synthetic.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
My dealer uses Belray and Motorex.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, was just making sure i didn't do something stupid lol... is it a bad brand im general or is it just good for jap bikes ?

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
Personally, I would not use Royal Purple in anything...not even my lawn mower.

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
Where, in the US of A are you?

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
X2

I put a lot of effort into post #77 on that thread. It varies depending what weights you want to run what good oils are available. IMO There is something a bit suspect about ENI oils specifications and I would go with an alternative on my bike.

"I put a lot of effort into post #77 on that thread"

You certainly did and I hope people read it and take note.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts