MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a PSA to all of you with rough running and stalling Brutales. I picked mine up last week and rode it home 20 miles. It would not catch idle no matter what when clutching in or slowing to a stop. Steady state/throttle cruise was bucking quite a lot. took it on a 200 mile day on sunday, no better.

Dealer says it has the latest maps, etc. Sunday afternoon I pull the tank and lo and behold, the charcoal canister line was disconnected so I had a massive vacuum leak the entire time. So I removed the airbox and the canister, plugged the throttle body nipples and reassembled. Bike is perfect.

If you are having stalling issues, check your tank vent hose that goes to the emissions canister. It might be disconnected.

BTW, the bike is easy to work on. Almost too easy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just a PSA to all of you with rough running and stalling Brutales. I picked mine up last week and rode it home 20 miles. It would not catch idle no matter what when clutching in or slowing to a stop. Steady state/throttle cruise was bucking quite a lot. took it on a 200 mile day on sunday, no better.

Dealer says it has the latest maps, etc. Sunday afternoon I pull the tank and lo and behold, the charcoal canister line was disconnected so I had a massive vacuum leak the entire time. So I removed the airbox and the canister, plugged the throttle body nipples and reassembled. Bike is perfect.

If you are having stalling issues, check your tank vent hose that goes to the emissions canister. It might be disconnected.

BTW, the bike is easy to work on. Almost too easy.
That's good to know. I thought removing the tank would be a real pain. Is there some kind of quick-disconnect attached to the fuel line? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes on the left side under the middle of the tank there is a quick disconnect in the fuel line halfway between the tank outlet and the fuel rail. push the green button and it separates.

two bolts under the handlebars, two on the sides, and two under the seat, lift the tank and unplug the fuel pump. don't forget to reconnect the vent lines when you put it back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts