MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies,

Has anyone replaced worked on a 2014 1090 ggenerator/alternator? A mates just bought one and it's only putting out 12.5v. Donsey, I downloaded the manual and it mentions everything bar the generator. How to remove the starter motor is the closest I got.

I'll do all the tests but would like to know how to get to the generator. Doesn't look as tight as on the older models. Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Regulator ?

Ladies,

Has anyone replaced worked on a 2014 1090 ggenerator/alternator? A mates just bought one and it's only putting out 12.5v. Donsey, I downloaded the manual and it mentions everything bar the generator. How to remove the starter motor is the closest I got.

I'll do all the tests but would like to know how to get to the generator. Doesn't look as tight as on the older models. Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Deano
Deano,

Are you sure your bike hasn't got a separate Regulator ? Be worth checking before pulling the generator itself from the bike.

atb
joe

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,

Yeah, I'm going to check that first plus all connections, plugs etc. Not my bike and only has 5000kms up. Just can't find any info in the manuals. On ours it's a major fuck around to get the alternator out but there seems more room on the newer models and a change to a stator. The manual also refers to a 'charging fuse'. Do you you think you can track that fucker down anywhere in a manual? Not keen on the changes and quality of the 2010+ models. Cheap and nasty, no offnce to my mate.

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
I'll have a look at the wiring diagram for you later today....

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Joe,

Yeah, I'm going to check that first plus all connections, plugs etc. Not my bike and only has 5000kms up. Just can't find any info in the manuals. On ours it's a major fuck around to get the alternator out but there seems more room on the newer models and a change to a stator. The manual also refers to a 'charging fuse'. Do you you think you can track that fucker down anywhere in a manual? Not keen on the changes and quality of the 2010+ models. Cheap and nasty, no offnce to my mate.

Cheers

Deano
Have a look closely and you'll see one of these I'm sure ! Incidentally it appears to be the same part number as for F4s of the same years..which figures.

So a bit easier that chomping out the alternator !

joe

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Joe, got it. Tracked it down on StarTwins site. Seem to be a pretty common part, Yamaha etc. still like to check generator output, connections etc. before he lashes out.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Deano;

If you have a stator you check it on the bike UNPLUGGED from the R & R.....

at a specific RPM using a meter set to AC Volts.....its actually 3 tests, between the pins

1-2,1-3 and 2-3 then check for continuity to ground on all 3

Good Luck

:popcorn:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts